Nine

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢
( 𝙙𝙬 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 ;) -
As soon as I made it back to the dorm, I looked through the small wardrobe for the suits I had packed. I found five:
One:
A full black suit ( however i had worn this to Erin's funeral, so I really wasn't in the mood to wear it to a ball. I tired to persuade Mother that I didn't need to pack it, but she wouldn't listen.

Two:
A simple grey suit filled with pockets

Three:
An emerald suit paired with a darker green tie

Four:
A greyish blue suit matched with a navy blue
tie

Five:
A beige suit paired with a dark grey tie

( I'm sorry for some ugly descriptions of the suits, I know nothing about them lmao )

Woah those were quite a few suits. Being fairly overwhelmed with the options, and the question which was, what one would pair the best with the blue mask.

There was only one solution.

I grabbed my phone and started dialling Alissa's number. I placed the phone on the lamp table  and put it to speaker. Almost immediately she picked up.

"Hi Wille what's up?"

She sounded as lively as usual.

"I need your help".

"Something up with Simon"

s*it I forgot to tell her.

One of my closest friends and I didn't tell her about me breaking up with the only person I've ever loved. In my defence though, there have been a lot of royal meetings recently, so she's been busy.

"That's done Allie".

My mouth grew drying after speaking those words. I mean it's been clear we've been done for a while, but to actually say it...hurt a sh*t load.

"DONE? WILHELM WHAT DO YOU MEAN DONE?"

I started explaining everything to her, and once I'd finished she was left speechless, the other side of the phone absolutely silent. I called her name to make sure it wasn't just her wifi acting up.

"Yeah yeah I'm here.I just can't believe all that happened. I'd seen a bit about the video and August's interview, but I never knew all this stuff was happening between you guys."

"To be honest, after explaining it all to you, it's just kinda hit me how crazy this all is"

"I have to style August next week, I swear it's going to take a huge part of me not to throw hands at him".

"How do you think I feel? I have to see him at school everyday?!"

"You surely have spoken to him already, right?"

"No I haven't. Not since the end of the Winter school term."

"YOU NEED TO WILHELM!

Quite a bit has happened since you last spoken to him, and he is your second cousin after all. You're going to have to speak to him eventually dude".

"Okay fine, there's a ball coming up, I'll speak to him then. I'll ask him about the video, i want answers about that. Speaking of the ball, I need your help picking a suit".

"Ahh I see it's dress to impress. Okay show me what you got".

I switched the call to FaceTime and began showing her all the suits I had layed out. I could spot her in the corner of my phone screen cringing at some of the outfits. I couldn't help but to cringe with her, I'm f*cking royalty but I've never really had a fashion sense, and probably never will.

Good thing I have Alissa.
She's been my stylist ever since I was little. She dressed both me and Erik for special occasions or events. Even though it was her job to be our stylist, she was also our friend. She was only a few years older than me, so I felt comfortable to talk to her about myself and problems I was facing. I could always talk to her, and she would listen attentively and would give me some of the best advice.

She was even next to me, as a shoulder to lean on, when I was mourning Eriks death. I could call her at 2 in the morning and she'd come to the castle, just so we could talk about both our memories with Erik.

It was good to have someone who listened, it was what I needed. Having parents who had no idea how to even do that, I was so eager and desperate to let out how I felt. And with Alissa it was NO DRAMA.

Which is what I needed at this time.

***

" The grey suit with the navy tie. It'll look fab with that beautiful mask".
I started folding  all the clothes, and as I was doing that, Alissa spoke again".

"If you don't mind me asking why are you attending this ball? You have to go to so many already I would have assumed you'd had  enough".

"I don't know"

I did know though. At first I didn't even want to attend the ball, but there were things I needed to do. First up I needed to confront that mf August, he's done too much and just kept getting away with it. Okay yeah he did some stupid interview but that's already been forgotten about, and he's just strolled back into Hillerska, with no one viewing him differently.

Whereas, me and Simon got looks every single day and it was clear that people were still talking about it.

Second, I got a glance of Simon's mask I knew what it looked like, so I could find I'm and talk to him. We left things kinda awkwardly, he'd just helped me through a panic attack and immediately after we had to go to class.

I needed to thank him. I also wanted to tell him how I felt, but I couldn't do that. I knew we cosine be together, and even though I could just tell him how I felt, I wasn't ready yet.

But I could thank him, it was the least he deserved.

I could do this all tomorrow, finally everything I'd been so desperate to do.

"Alright Alissa, I'm going to go now, thank you so much for your help, also I hope things are going well with you and Nora."

"Ahh yess thank you for asking, I officially asked her to be my girlfriend last week and she said yes! To be honest I wasn't expecting her to say no, but I'm still so happy she said yes."

"That's so great! Congrats".

"Thank you Wilhelm, talk soon".

"Yes! Bye!".

I ended the call, checked the time:
7:50

It was nearly dinner, but I had other things to do.

𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾:
𝘵𝘺𝘴𝘮 𝘧𝘰𝘳 900+ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴! 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘙𝘈𝘔𝘈 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 ☕️