Chapter 4

"What the hell?!" I asked Chris and he tried shielding my face from the camera man.

"Who is she?! What's her name?!" The photographer asked over the flashing of the camera.

"Get to your house as quick as you can, I will meet you there." Chris whispered to me as we got me in my car and I drove away.

"Dude! Come on, a little privacy would be nice." Chris said and the photographer didn't listen.

"Everyone will just want to know her name Chris." He said. Chris rushed to his car and drove away. He arrived at my apartment about 15 minutes after I did, I text him my apartment number. I had already sent the babysitter home and SJ was in bed by the time I got home. There was a frantic knock on my front door and I quickly opened it to see Chris standing there panicked and he pulled me into a hug.

"I am so sorry, I am usually better about looking for paparazzi outside of places." Chris said and we split from our hug. I gripped his face and pulled him for a small kiss and then we walked back into the apartment and he shut the door.

"It's fine Chris, it just caught me off guard. What will happen once they find out where I live? Where I work? Where SJ goes to preschool?" I said starting to panic as we sat on the couch and he gripped my hands.

"Hey, we will figure this all out." Chris said and I smiled at him, it was a weak smile though.

"Harper are you regretting this decision to be together? I just want to make sure you are happy to be with me even in this crazy life I lead." Chris said and we both huffed a laugh.

"Chris, I do want to be with you I just don't know about this whole celebrity paparazzi thing." I said and he nodded.

"I get it, it takes some getting used to. I mean it's not something normal people usually have to deal with." Chris said and I nodded.

"Please, just bear with me through this, it's not going to be easy." I said and Chris nodded. Before he could say anything else I heard a little yawn come from the entry way from the hallway to the living room.

"Chris?" SJ asked rubbing her eyes and I smiled at her.

"Hey SJ." Chris said as she walked over to us. I thought she would climb in my lap but she climbed into Chris's. I looked at him with a smile on my face and he smiled.

"What are you doing out of bed young lady?" I asked and she yawned again and snuggled into Chris's chest and he just wrapped his arms around her.

"I heard people talking." SJ said sleepily.

"Oh, sorry baby girl." I said and ran my fingers through her hair, rubbing her head.

"It's okay, I just wanted to see who it was." SJ said and then I realized she was asleep again. I shook my head.

"If you want to hand her over, I can take her back to bed." I said and Chris shook his head.

"It's fine, I don't mind. I used to hold my niece and nephews like this when I would be home visiting. They are older now and just like beating me up." Chris said and we both laughed. I grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and draped it over them so SJ didn't get a chill. I just looked at them together.

"She is my world, I hope you understand that." I said and Chris nodded.

"I do." Chris said.

"And I wont let anything harm or put her in danger." I said and Chris nodded.

"I feel the same way." Chris said and smiled.

"You really are Captain America, aren't you? Freaking perfect in every way." I said and Chris laughed with caused SJ to stir. We both stopped laughing and waiting for her to snuggle back into Chris and go back to sleep. I got a thought in my head and laughed to myself shaking my head.