Chap 9

"It's only a matter of time" Peter said, all of us looking at him. Edmund and Susan were sat against broken pillars with Lucy sat on the stone table. Caspian and I were stood with Peter while the remaining Narnians stood in a circle, watching all of us.

"Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle" Peter explained.

"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" Reepicheep, the 'noble' mouse had asked.

"We need to get ready for it" Peter had started just as Caspian spoke.

"To start planning for..."

The two stared each other down and I frowned.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us" Peter continued.

"That's crazy! No one has taken that castle" Caspian stated.

"There's always a first time" Peter retorted, face hard.

I crossed my arms as I listened to the two.

"We'll have the element of surprise" Trumpkin spoke up for Peter.

"But we have the advantage here!" Caspian yelled.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely" Susan said to Peter as she stood up, Peter scowling at her.

"I, for one, feel safer underground" Trufflehunter butted in.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb" Peter said to Caspian.

"Yes. And if they're smart, the Telmarine's will just wait and starve us out" Edmund pointed out.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig suggested.

I smiled despite myself.

"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarine's. Shut up!" Reepicheep yelled back, extinguishing Pattertwig's suggestion. "I think you know where I stand, sire"

"If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asked the Faun, Glenstorm.

"Or die trying, my liege"

"That's what I'm worried about" Lucy's voice sounded.

"Sorry?" Peter asked rudely.

"You're all acting like there's only two options. Dying here, or dying there" She continued.

"I'm not sure you've been listening, Lu" Peter said.

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough" Peter said, turning to leave

"Peter!" I called, watching him slow to a stop and turn towards me. "I have a couple of things to say"

"Y/n-"

"No, Peter, let me finish. Firstly, do not interrupt me again. And secondly, I'm going to say something and I want you to think it through. I was thinking of ways we could go about this, and one of the ways was to have troops stand guard. If they saw any Telmarine's around the area, our men could capture them and we could question them. If the Telmarine doesn't give us any vital information, we could hold them somewhere" I knew it wasn't a very good plan, there were flaws, but if it meant Peter would slow down and think, then it was fine.

"We don't exactly have any holding cells in a tomb, Y/n, so where exactly would they go?" Peter's reply was cold, eyes narrowed as he waited for my response.