Chap 4

We were walking along the beach, with a new change of clothes, when we saw two soldiers pick up a dwarf with long scraggly blond hair. The three of them were on a little boat, the dwarf tied up. The soldiers were about to throw him overboard. Susan raised her bow and shot an arrow into the boat. The soldiers looked up at us as Susan grabbed another arrow and aimed her bow.

"Drop him!" Susan shouted as the rest of us drew our swords, Lucy drawing her dagger.

The dwarf mumbled something before the soldiers threw him into the water. Peter and Edmund immediately went to help him as Susan hit the closest soldier in the leg. He fell in as the other jumped.

Edmund pulled the boat onto the sand as Peter dragged the blond dwarf onto land as well. We all crowded around the dwarf before Lucy cut him free.

"Drop him!" The dwarf yelled, standing up after coughing up water and taking the gag out of his mouth. "That's the best you can come up with?"

"I didn't see you coming up with a plan" I said, crossing my arms over my chest after I had sheathed my sword. The man glared at me.

"A simple 'Thank you' would suffice" Susan said, looking at the ungrateful man.

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help"

"Maybe we should have let them" Peter said.

"Peter" I growled, smacking his arm.

Peter looked at me momentarily, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why were they trying to kill you, anyway?" Lucy asked.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do"

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund asked.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The man asked.

"It's a bit of a long story" Lucy said sheepishly.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." The man started, looking at all of us in turn. "You're It? The kings and queens of old?"

"High king Peter, the Magnificent" Peter said, sticking his hand out for a handshake at the last bit.

I snorted slightly and covered my mouth and nose with my hand.

"You probably could've left out the last bit" I grinned.

"Probably" The man chuckled.

Peter withdrew his hand before unsheathing his sword.

"You might be surprised" Peter said.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy"

"Not me. Him" Peter replied, looking at Edmund.

Edmund unsheathed his sword as Peter gave his own to the man.

The man let the tip of the sword hit the ground before glancing up at Ed, who was pointing his sword at the man but looking at Peter with a smile.

Within a moment, the man brought the sword up and hit Edmunds sword. The man spun around before making a move to hit Edmund, who crouched down, but then was elbowed in the face.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled as Ed stood up and grabbed his face momentarily.

"Oh, are you alright?" The man asked sarcastically, raising his sword up and quickly striking it down to hit Ed, but Ed was quick enough to side-step him.

Ed stepped behind the man and hit his bum with the side of his sword, Lucy letting out a little giggle.

After a moment of the man regaining his balance, he moved to hit Edmund, their swords clashing. Edmund went to hit the man but he ducked down. He swiped his sword at Ed's legs, Ed jumping up and then blocking the next hit. Their swords clashed again, moving in a circular motion and clashing again. They clashed swords multiple times, Edmund advancing until he knocked the sword out of the man's hands. He held his sword up, pointing it at the man. The man held a shocked expression as he dropped to his knees.

"Good job, Ed" I said with a smile, Ed returning it.

"Beards and bedsteads!" The man looked at us all. "Maybe the horn worked after all"

Edmund let the tip of his sword hit the ground as Lucy spoke.

"What horn?"