Chap 12

I fell into step beside Edmund as Peter walked towards Miraz. The cheers from the Narnian's and the Telmarine's over powering any other sound.

Peter took his sword from Edmund's hold as we approached, Glenstorm now standing with us.

"I hope you won't be too disappointed when I survive" Miraz boasted, putting his helmet on. He unsheathed his sword and took his shield.

Peter and Miraz stared each other down as they walked forward, prepared to duel.

"There is still time to surrender" Miraz spoke.

"Well, feel free" Peter retorted.

I smiled slightly, leaning towards Edmund.

"Bet Miraz's pissed after that"

"Probably" Edmund chuckled.

"How many more must die for the throne?"

"Just one" Peter answered, pulling his visor down.

●●●

Peter stopped his fight with Miraz as Caspian and Susan approached on a horse.

"Does His Highness need a respite?"

"Five minutes?"

"Three!"

Peter made his way towards us as Miraz turned back to his men.

"Lucy?" Peter asked Susan.

"She got through... with a little help"

"Thanks" Peter said to Caspian.

I couldn't help but raise my brows in surprise.

"Well, you were busy" Caspian replied.

"You better get up there. Just in case." Peter said to Susan. "I don't expect the Telmarine's will keep their word"

Susan gave Peter a hug and he groaned in discomfort.

"Sorry" She said, pulling back.

"It's all right"

"Be careful"

"Keep smiling" Edmund said after a moment.

My eyes shifted towards the Narnian's as Peter raised his sword, smile forced, Susan making her way back to the tomb.

I grabbed hold of a stool and placed it in front of Peter, motioning him to sit down. He did so, Caspian taking his shield off as Peter let out a pained grunt.

I raked a hand through his sweaty hair despite my anger towards him. Peter leant towards me and sighed.

"I think it's dislocated" He said after a moment.

Edmund made his way to Peter's left shoulder, gripping onto it.

"What do you think happens back home if you die here?" Peter asked.

Edmund and I exchanged a glance before staring down at Peter.

"You know you've always been there, and I never really- ah!" Peter grunted in pain as Edmund re-adjusted his shoulder.