Chap 14

Aslan watched as we kneeled in front of himself and Lucy.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." Aslan said, the Pevensie's and I standing up. "All of you"

"I do not think I am ready" Caspian said hesitantly, all of us watching him.

"It's for that very reason I know you are" Aslan replied.

Caspian stood and exchanged glances with all of us.

The sound of bagpipes cut us off, Reepicheep being brought forward on a makeshift stretcher. Lucy rushed forward, opening her glass flask and letting a drop of the cordial enter Reepicheep's mouth. She stood as Reepicheep gasped and sat up.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you" Reepicheep said as he was helped up.

"Uh... oh! Hail Aslan! It is a great honour to be in..." Reepicheep stumbled forward and my eyes widened when I saw no tail.

"I- I'm completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Uh... perhaps a drop more?"

"I don't think it does that" Lucy replied in a somewhat guilty tone.

"You could have a go"

Aslan chuckled.

"It becomes you well, small one"

"All the same, great King, I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse" Reepicheep held out his sword.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend"

"Well, It's- it's not just the honour. I- It's  also great for balance. An- and climbing. And- and grabbing things"

"May it please Your High Majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honour denied to our chief"

"Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people" Aslan said.

Reepicheep gasped once he saw that his tail had come back.

"Look! Thank you my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward, it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility"

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?"

Trumpkin looked over before slowly walking forward and kneeling down.

Aslan roared.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asked cheekily.

●●●

"Caspian!" I called, watching as he came to a stop.

He turned around, surprised when he saw me walking towards him.

"Is there something you need?"

Instead of responding, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders in a hug.

Caspian stood still for a moment before wrapping his arms around me.

"Thank you for fighting with us" I mumbled.

"This is the Narnian's rightful home, I will fight for their freedom no matter what"

I smiled and pulled back, petting him softly on the cheek. His eyes scrunched as he laughed.

"You'll do as a great King"