Chap 11

I had been walking around the tomb for nearly an hour now, bored out of my mind and unable to talk to anyone in fear of bothering them.

I looked into Aslan's room, spotting Peter sat down between the stone table and the carving of Aslan. I bit at my lip before stepping into the room.

"Peter?"

He glanced back at me before turning back.

"I wanted to talk"

I walked closer, leaning against the Stone table and staring at the carving of Aslan, Peter sat in front of me.

"Well go on then"

I frowned slightly.

"I just uh... I wanted to talk about the last few days... if that's all right?"

Peter sighed before turning back to face me

"I'm not going to apologise for getting angry at you, when we were talking about how to go about all of this. But... I shouldn't have told you it would be your fault if something happened. I took that too far"

Peter looked at me blankly for a couple moments.

"I get why you were angry at me... when all of that happened"

Peter's face remained impassive, as if he was expecting me to say more.

I sighed inwardly and stood up.

"I'll get going now" I turned around and began to head out of the room.

"I'm sorry!" Peter yelled.

I glanced back at him, watching as he stood up.

I turned back and walked out.

●●●

"Y/n?" Caspian's voice rung out from in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm all right" I forced a grin.

Caspian raised a brow.

His hand came up to my shoulder.

"Are you sure?"

I looked up at him and bit my lip.

Caspian seemed to take that as a sign as he pulled me into him with a sigh.

"Sorry for this" I mumbled, wrapping my arms around him.

"It's okay. I guess something happened with Peter again?"

"Yeah. I shouldn't be upset about it though. I think with everything going on, it's just taking a bit of a toll"

Caspian pulled back slightly, looking down at me.

"Want me to yell at him again? He already seems to hate me"

I laughed, pulling back as I did.

"It's okay, but thank you"

There was a yell from Edmund, calling to the both of us.

"There's something going on outside"

Caspian and I exchanged a glance before making our way to the entrance of the Tomb.

Glenstorm stood next to Caspian as we stood outside, the other Narnian's standing further behind. I flinched when I saw Peter stand next to me out of my peripheral.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned towards Caspian, who glanced down at me momentarily.

Telmarine soldiers were stood at the other side of the expanse, marching in our direction. Towards the centre held many horses, catapults, and Miraz. Miraz wore gold armour while the rest of the Telmarine's wore metal. Superiority to an extreme.

●●●

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your next big plan?" Trumpkin questioned. "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"

"It's our only chance" Peter said from the centre of the room.

"And she won't be alone" Susan continued.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asked Lucy.

"Nikabrik was my friend too. But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I" Trufflehunter said gently.

"For Aslan" Reepicheep said, unsheathing his sword.

"For Aslan" Bulgy Bear put in.

"Then I'm going with you" Trumpkin said to Lucy.

"No. We need you here" Lucy replied, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back" Peter added.

"If I may..." Caspian interrupted. He looked towards his Professor before standing. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer..." He stepped forward. "but as King, he is subject to the traditions... and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may buy us some time"