Chap 2

Lucy stepped forward once we stopped. She looked at Susan with a cheeky smile before they both ran off towards the water. I spared a glance at Peter and Edmund before running after the girls, the boys chasing after me. In the process of running, I managed to pull off my jacket.

"Shame you're not as quick as me, Ed!" Peter yelled as he ran behind me.

I slowed to a stop before pulling my shoes and socks off. I pushed my socks into my shoes before running into the water, the cool waves smacking into my legs and splashing water along my clothes. The others began to take their shoes and socks off before running in after me.

"Wait a minute!" Lucy yelled as Peter ran up behind me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist before he spun us around in the water. I laughed loudly before Peter put me down. I spun around as I ran my hand through the top of the water. I splashed my hand up and the water hit Peter. I quickly regretted my decision when he pushed me slightly when a wave hit. When I regained my balance, I turned around defiantly, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Ed? Ed!" Susan called after a little while.

"What is it?" Peter asked, jabbing my sides with his fingers, making me squeal and move away.

"Where do you suppose we are?" Edmund asked, staring upwards.

"Well, where do you think?" Peter questioned.

"Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia" Edmund stated before we all looked up to the cliff, ruins over top.

~

We carefully walked through the ruins, observing the stairs, pillars, walls, and other broken structures.

"Wonder who lived here" Lucy said, turning away from the view.

As Susan walked over, she stopped and picked something up from the grassy ground. I walked up behind her, peeking over her shoulder to see something golden being turned over.

"I think we did" Susan said, looking up from the golden thing in her hand.

Lucy came over as we observed the golden centaur. The boys then walked over as well.

"Hey, that's mine," Edmund said. "From my chess set"

"Which chess set?" Peter asked.

"Well, I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?" Edmund said sarcastically, taking the chess piece.

"Can't be" Lucy said before running off, the rest of us trailing after her.

"Don't you see?" She asked when we stopped.

"What?" Peter asked as Lucy moved him, then me and Susan.

"Imagine walls, and columns, there," She continued to point in front of us. "and a glass roof"

I looked forward, tilting my head slightly as I tried to incorporate these details into the sight in front of me. Within a few moments, my eyes were going wide and I was looking at Lucy. I relaxed my face, looking back at the ruins.

"Cair Paravel" Peter and I said together.