Chap 3

"Catapults" Edmund said as he crouched down in front of a boulder, facing the ruins.

"What about catapults?" I asked, stepping forward.

"This didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked" He said before standing up, sparing me a glance.

Peter and Edmund then walked towards a wall which was covered in greenery. They tore down vines and twigs from the wall before pushing a cemented-looking wall. A wooden door stood there. Peter snapped a piece of wood off of the door before opening it. Peter took a pocket knife out before tearing a portion of his shirt and wrapping it around a stick he had picked up from the ground.

"Don't suppose you have any matches, do you?" Peter asked.

Edmund passed his chess piece to me.

"No, but," Edmund started, opening up his satchel and taking a flashlight out, I nearly snorted at the sight. "would this help?" He asked, handing the flashlight to Peter.

"You might have mentioned that a bit sooner!" Peter said, a smile adorning his lips. He threw his makeshift torch away before we all followed Edmund inside.

We all walked down the staircases, through a gate, and into a room with statues with chests in front of each of them.

"I can't believe it. It's all still here" Peter said before we all walked to our respective chests.

"I was so tall" Lucy said after we all opened our chests.

I took out a shiny ring and looked over it.

"Well, you were older then" Susan said as I slid the ring onto my right index finger.

"As opposed to hundreds of years later... when you're younger" Edmund said.

I giggled slightly at the thought.

I took out my sword and dagger. Sheathing my sword, I looked at my dagger.

"How were you supposed to help?" I asked, turning the dagger over in my hands.

"Hmm?" Edmund hummed in question, turning to face me, as did everyone else.

"I'm meaning, all this did for me was get me stabbed in the thigh" I said, gesturing to the dagger before I shoved it into the waistband of my skirt.

"What's that?" Lucy asked after several seconds of silence.

"My horn," Susan started. "I must've left it on my saddle the day we went back"

We all looked towards Peter after he had finally opened up his chest. He took out his sword and unsheathed it.

"When Aslan bares his teeth, winter meets Its death"

"When he shakes his mane..." Peter looked towards Lucy. "we shall have spring again... Everyone we knew... Mr. Tumnus and the beavers... they're all gone"

"I think It's time we found out what's going on" Peter said after a sad silence.