Flying Mind

Optimus lifted his hand to his shoulder, where I climbed off.

"Are you alright?" he asked me, his voice quiet underneath Bulkhead's storytelling.

"Wonderful," I smiled at him.

"But when the Insecticon's suddenly backed off, I was inspired by my proximity to the power core and did what I do best." Bulkhead recalled. I braced my arms behind me, leaning back and listening to the story. He pounded his fist into his hand, Miko cheering below.

"You trashed Megatron's ride like a rock star in a hotel room." she cheered, running to her bot.

"We should hit the cons right now while they're vulnerable," Arcee called from below.

"Megatron's warship may be grounded," Ratchet called from the computer screens. "But let's not forget that we remain vastly outnumbered,"

"Especially since he has added the insecticon hive to his ranks." I pointed out.

"Then maybe it's time to call in an airstrike," Agent Fowler stepped forward.

I groaned, facepalming. "What part of 'not attacking' means 'airstrike!?'"

"Or," Optimus calmed the tensions building between the two of us again. "For us to consider more extreme measures."

The group that had gathered made it's way down the hall and into one of the storage units. The door opened, a certain relic looking at us.

"The spark extractor?" Ratchet asked, approaching it.

"Optimus," I called over to him. "Are you sure you want to travel down this road?"

"While I am deeply reluctant to deploy a weapon of this caliber, especially one forged by decepticon hands, this may be our only chance to end this war once and for all."

I laid a hand upon his cheek, smiling at him softly.

~---~

"Optimus, I am detecting a massive energy spike at the decepticon crash site,"

I groaned as Optimus transformed, his hand concealing me as I adjusted my clothes and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Ooh," I called, looking over at the screen where Ratchet had isolated the signal. "That's purple, that's dark energon," the others gathered around me as Optimus took in my observation. He reached his hand to the catwalk by the kids. "Awe...." I pouted, stepping off gently, reaching for the crutches Jack offered me.

"Autobots, transform and roll out!" he ordered, the others obeying that very word.

He began his accent himself, before he was called to a halt.

"Hold on, Prime," Fowler called his attention to us. "If you are going to deploy some kind of super weapon in the final showdown with the cons, it's my job as a representative of planet Earth to bear witness,"

Ratchet and Optimus exchanged a look, before he transformed and opened his door.

"Hold up!" I ordered, sticking out a crutch to halt the man who moved to the stairs. "If he goes, I go."

"Uh..." Ratchet muttered. "His leg isn't broken."

"I don't care!" I demanded. "It is my job as Optimus Prime's intended to bear witness on his final showdown. Especially since the last time he almost got his dumb ass killed!"

The room fell silent as the weight of my words was bared. Eventually, Fowler reached for me, supporting me so I wouldn't need my crutches. I dare Optimus to protest because I had many words backed up for him.