Metal Attraction

"Arcee," Ratchet called from his usual post at the computer system. "A vehicular form is approaching."

"Decepticons?" Jack asked curiously.

I moved closer to Ratchet. Optimus was out, ordering me to stay behind as always. He isolated the signal, enhancing.

I groaned when I saw it, slouching. I grumbled back to my spot in front of the ground bridge.

"Mom," Jack sighed.

"Again!?" Arcee added, looking at Jack angrily.

"She worries..." Jack defended, approaching the sound of a car.

"What's there to worry about ?" I asked sarcastically as the car came to a stop directly below me.

"Hi honey," she called, giving Jack a giant hug.

"Mom!" He smiled, halfheartedly returning the hug.

"Finished my shift early at the hospital so, I thought I'd swing by," she smiled broadly. "Arcee," she smiled at the femme above her. "Good to see you again, Doctor," Ratchet turned and nodded respectfully. "So,.." She mused, not even looking at me. "Where's Optimus?"

"On a scouting mission with Bumblebee," Ratchet grumbled amusingly, turning to face her. "Sorry to disappoint,"

"I wore heels and everything..." She looked away from Jack, her face turning a little red.

I couldn't help the anger rising in my throat. My Optimus.

"Mom!" Jack sounded horrified, looking up at me.

"When Optimus returns he is going on a drive," I stated flatly, the older human whirling around to face me. "A very long drive."

"Hey, Cara," June Darby smiled at me, not the least bit phased by my seething anger. "Its strange not seeing you without Optimus,"

"Don't get used to it..." I muttered, turning my attention back to the ground bridge.

"That's odd.." Ratchet mumbled, more to himself than anyone else. "This is an extremely unusual magnetic flux, for any planet."

A large engine rumbled, and June turned to look through the hangar hopefully. I rolled my eyes, the engine wasn't large enough.

"That's not him," I told her carefully, watching as she eyed me carefully.

Sure enough, Bulkhead rolled to a stop, his door opening allowing Raf and Miko to scamper out of it laughing.

That is, until they saw June.

Miko whispered something to Raf as Bulk transformed, the younger boy walking up to the woman.

"Uh, don't worry, Mrs. Darby. ... We were wearing seatbelts."

"Im sure you were, Raphael," she smiled. "Hi Miko! How's school going?"

"Why?" Miko grumbled. "What'd you hear?"

"Let's do this thing, Jack," Arcee called, walking towards the hall that leads to outside. Jack nodded and began to follow her. Until --

"But I just got here!" June protested, Jack slouching the next second. "I brought sandwiches...."

"Mom!"

"Jack's helping Arcee test her upgraded tracking system, June," I sneered at her, trying to remember how Optimus held his voice to gain the attention and respect of a leader. .... Probably wasn't by demeaning them. "Just because you show up unannounced doesn't mean we put a halt to what we need to accomplish today,"