One Shall Rise pt 3

Disclosure : I do not own Transformers Prime, it's characters, the storyline, or anything of the sort. I am simply borrowing it to place a piece of my mind in it. I only own my OC, and I will, in a sense, carry the one. I give full credit to those who have created this wonderful series, and Hasbro. Read and Review my loves!

-- Lizzzard

~---~

Thunder shook the base as it stormed dangerously outside. We crowded around the small television set, waiting to hear from the others.

"More than 60 volcanoes are erupting worldwide and downtown Honolulu is under six inches of snow. Scientists continue to devise theories connecting these natural disasters with the planetary alignment which --" the reporter was cut off, screen going blank as the storm finally knocked the power out.

June turned towards us, looking at us brightly. "So, who wants to play a game?"

I rolled my eyes, approaching Ratchet.

"That tears it!" Fowler angrily hollered next, storming towards the elevator.

"And where do you think you're going?" I questioned him.

"I can't just sit on my hands while the world spins out of control!"

"And what exactly is it that you intend to do?" Ratchet sneered, staring the tiny human down.
"Anything! Hook up with my boys in the pentagon, figure out a way too crumble that monster for good."

"In the event that Optimus can't?" I growled at him, moving dangerously close to him.

"Don't you mean Optimus and Megatron?" He growled right back.

"No one here is thrilled about this arrangement, Agent Fowler." Ratchet gave me a pointed glare as I fumed at the man. "Myself included. But with Optimus and Megatron together again --"

"Woah, wait," Jack called then. Oh yeah. The kids didn't know of the past. "Again?"

"Megatron was an Autobot?" Raf asked.

"Optimus was a con!?"

"No, to both," I said gently, turning to Ratchet.

"There was a time, back on Cybertron, in the twilight hours of the Golden Age, when Optimus and Megatron were not sworn enemies."

"Do you remember when Ratchet said that Optimus wasn't always a Prime?" The kids nodded to me. "Well, he wasn't always Optimus."

"He was once a clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records named Orion Pax. But as he learned more about Cybertron's past, he grew increasingly concerned about the present corruption in high places and inequality among the masses."

"Orion grew to be inspired by the words and aspirations of a gladiator -- one who named himself after one of the 13 original Primes. Megatronus." I continued, looking at the kids as Ratchet watched me, surprised I knew the story.

"Megatronus vowed to challenge Cybertron's leadership, and demand that all Cybertronians be treated as equals. This gladiator turned revolutionary rapidly gathered a loyal following, Soundwave chief among them."

"Orion began to talk with Megatronus, who came to be something of a mentor to him. As Megatronus left the gladiatorial arena for the politics, he found suit to shorten his name."

"Before long, Megatron appeared before the high council to propose his vision for a just society. And, it was here, that he began to reveal his true colors. Proclaiming the need to overthrow the old guard with force, and arrogantly demanding to be named the next Prime. But Orion did not believe in violence as a mean of achieving justice. The sparks and the minds of the council were moved by Orion's words. Here -- for the first time since Cybertron's Golden Age -- stood someone worthy of being a Prime. But that honor could only truly be achieved by earning the legendary Matrix of Leadership," Ratchet looked at me, but I motioned for him to go on. Optimus hadn't ever told me about this part, and of the matrix. I saw the second light in his chamber, but I never questioned it. "His ambitions thwarted, Megatron spitefully severed all ties with Orion and the council, and came to wage war on all who opposed him from his growing army of followers which he named Decepticons. He vowed to claim the matrix for himself, wherever it might lie. In time, warfare consumed Cybertron, poisoning the planet to its core."