Speedmetal

~---~

A single shot rang through the forest.

I scampered towards the noise, blood running down my back from an open wound on my shoulder. We were in the woods, somewhere. Tall trees surrounded me, the only option I had was to dodge them as I ran towards the sound of clanging metal.

Optimus and I were ambushed, and he dumped me so I wouldn't get hurt. However I somehow managed to get hurt, my shoulder throbbing in pain to remind me of it.

"You know what your problem is, Prime?" A nasty voice sneered as the noises grew louder. "You're weak. You defend those who don't defend themselves! You put all your efforts into a girl who cannot even provide her body with enough nutrients!"

Wait a minute. I recognized that voice....

"I'm afraid you're judgment is being clouded by the soiled energon coursing through your system." Optimus' voice rumbled weakly. I closed to a halt still some while away, but close enough that I could see whats going on.

Optimus was propping himself up on his forearms, laying on his back looking up at the con who attacked us. The barrel of a gun aimed at his chest, a white arm.

Wait a minute.

Following the arm up, you came to Ratchet's face.

"Ratchet!" I hollered at him emerging from my hiding place. "What are you doing!?"

"Cara, no!" Optimus moved to stop me before he was shoved back down by the weapon.

Ratchet sneered at Optimus again. "You're so weak," and he fired.

"Optimus, NO!"

~---~

"OPTIMUS!!"

Soft hands were grabbing at me, a force around my waist and across my chest holding me firm. There was a voice, a mans voice, but it wasnt deep enough. It wasn't the voice I was looking for; it wasn't --

"Carabelle!"

There it was.

"Optimus!" I sighed in relief, my eyes finally focusing a bit.

"Cara, I'm right here," the baritone mumbled. The force on my waist and chest softened a bit, but it wasn't anyless of a hug. "Cara I'm right here sweetspark."

"Cara," a new voice said. It belonged to whomever hands were on me. "Cara, its Jack," I turned my eyes to his, they were focusing just a bit more. "Are you alright?"

"Yes..." I confirmed, focusing on his eyes. "Just.... A bad dream..."

"Do.... You want to talk about it?..."

"Not with you..."

Jack nodded, turning to look at the radio. "Does this happen a lot?"

"It isn't the first time she's woke panicking and screaming for me."

"Whenever she does, ask her to talk about it. The dream will feel less real if she's talked about it."

Optimus was silent. I looked out his windshield seeing that we were back in the base. I didn't remember returning, I only remembered when my stomach attacked itself and the kids and bots freaking out about it.

"Food?"

"Its right here," Jack held up a bag from Burger Bot, which I reached for immediately, the smell reminding me of just how hungry I was.