Shadowzone

"I had hoped that my growing expertise on this subject to remain purely academic, but though faint, this is clearly a dark energon signal,"

"And it's moving fast..." I muttered, looking at the signal moving on the screen. My resting place, as usual, never faltering in his stiff stance.

"Megatron," he growled, optics never leaving the screen.

"Where'd he find more of the bad stuff?" Arcee asked, approaching from behind, Bulkhead close by.

"And what's he going to do with it?" said bot asked. "Recruit another army of the undead?"

"Zombiecons!?" Miko shouted, leaning forward on her seat.

"We cannot out rule the possibility," Optimus stated, turning to look at his bots. "Especially since Megatron seems to be heading to a familiar site."

I looked at the area surrounding the screen curiously. These mountains of rock reminded Optimus of something? I tried to think about the activities that we had performed close to our arrival at the base for the first time, but so many activities blurred together.

"Megatron has barely emerged from stasis, and it seems he's also making up for lost time. Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Ratchet, prepare to roll out," he walked over to the catwalk as Ratchet protested his use on the mission.

"May I ...?" I looked hopeful at Optimus as he set me down.

"No," he commanded. "Stay here,"

"Yes sir," I saluted him, a broad smile across my face.

He vented air through his systems, a scoff, as he walked through the portal.

"Go get him, Bulkhead! Bring the hurt!" Miko called, looking at the picture she had been drawing.

As the bots left through the ground bridge, I leaned into Jack. "She's up to something...."

Sure enough, not soon after I said that, the girl hopped up and darted down the stairs.

"Making a break!" Jack called as he and ran after her, Raf not too far behind.

I ran as fast as I could, slowly catching up to the girl. Not three feet before the ground bridge, I grabbed a hold of her arm, the boys just behind us. "You can't go through, Miko!"

"It's not safe," Jack offered, grabbing her other hand.

"I am not going to miss my first zombiecon throwdown!" She protested, struggling against our grip.

"Miko!" Jack groaned running after her. I rolled my eyes, looking at Raf. He shrugged, and ran after the two, me not too far behind.

The four bots were walking through the canvas of the rocks slowly, taking in their surroundings. We headed for a ledge that peaked up to about their height, where Miko crouched low to watch.

"I can't believe you guys," I mumbled, joining Miko towards the tip of the rock.

"That's not Megatron," Bulkhead stated, looking at the skinny looking con in front of us.

"Rise, Skyquake!" He hollered, voice high and pitchy. "Rise!"

There was a pile of rubble in front of him which rumbled, glowing the same purple as the dark energon that had brought Megatron back.

"Let's see some fight of the living dead already!" Miko shouted excitedly, falling onto her flat stomach to watch. Jack and Raf joined us.

"Miko!" Jack scolded. "What were you thinking?"