01

TRIGGER WARNING,

sensitive themes.

𝘈𝘕𝘋

READ AT
your own risk.

backstory.

𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎𝙉'𝙏 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙔, 𝙉𝙊𝙏
unless you had everything you could always ask for.

a new car, house, shoes, phone, anything you could afford really.

for me, i guess it was relatively normal.

a dingy apartment space, shared with my mother and my father.

if only it was that simple.

i've always fantasized about having an ordinary plot where my mom wakes me up early for school, reminds me to put my homework in my school bag, and shoves a piece of toast in my mouth, my father kissing my forehead before i'm out of the door.

it was nothing like that, not at all.

there was never any food left from all of the starving worm invested mice, not to mention roaches.

my mom never woke me up for anything, and my father never kissed me goodbye.

it's just been like this ever since. . .
ever since then.

what is 'then'?

you want to know about then?

i hate to reminisce, but if you're asking, i assume you're interested.

let's talk about then.

𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙎𝙉'𝙏 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝘽𝙊𝙍𝙉 𝙔𝙀𝙏, 𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙇𝙇 growing and kicking in my mom's belly.

her big and round belly, that she rubbed with content, a warm and gentle smile playing on her delicate lips.

she hummed a small tune while she rocked gently in an old and sun-bleached rocking chair, parts of the aging wood on the arm rests were turning white, and it creaked with every slight movement.

her husband wasn't home yet, which was good, because she didn't want to handle his temper when he got back from work.

before he had left, he had commanded his wife to cook and clean, and stated that the place should be spotless when he came walking through that door.