03

IN WHICH she is turned into a completely different version of what she used to be.

𝘉𝘜𝘛

WHO will be the one to pry open her shell?

the hunter's exam.

𝘼𝙎 𝙄 𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙋𝙋𝙀𝘿 𝙊𝙐𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝘼𝙍𝙂𝙀
estate that never looked newer or habited, I felt like I was transformed over the last two years.

I was found in the woods when I was ten years old, and ever since then I was trained and taught how to be the
' Miyoko that was always supposed to be here' .

I was taught not to be happy, to laugh, smile, dance - all of that fun stuff.

I could be angry though, but I never had a reason to except to just be disappointed in my fake parents.

I knew that they weren't my real parents. I didn't know much about my previous life, but I knew that I was reborn into a world full of anime characters.

I knew that my life before this was not a good one, but I don't know who caused me such trauma, and who gave me the ring.

That's right, the ring.

I still have it, and it's wrapped around my neck with a cheap, thin, faux silver chain.

It was a part of me now, not like an accessory. . . but kind of something else.

I didn't have time to wrap my head around the whole ordeal as my mother, Toshiko Genji, came out of the estate behind me and frantically fluffed up my tresses of black hair that covered my forehead and hung down at the sides of my face, then swooped up in arches toward two big buns on either side of my head.

I felt stupid with a hairstyle like this, but my mother would have my head for herself if I took it out.

She tugged on the wrinkles of my formal-looking kimono and straightened out my obi, then swiped her thumb at random places near my eye, probably ' fixing ' the makeup she smeared all over my face, when I looked in the mirror I wanted to tell her that I didn't need to look so pretty when all I was going was to the hunter's exam.

My eyes bore into hers, and she giggled and stood up straight after bending over me.

She clasped her hands together. " You don't want to go out look disgusting, do you? You have to have a good image for us Genji's,"