10

𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 Miyoko let down her
walls.

𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙄𝙏 going to lead her to
her down fall?

𝙊𝙍

𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 more bearable?

“ 𝙄'𝙈 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙊𝙋𝙋𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙐𝙉𝙄𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙊
introduce myself properly to the remaining 43 applicants. I am Netero, Chairman of the selection committee for this year's Hunter Exam. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. ”

His assistant, a short green male, who —no matter what, Miyoko couldn't even think what he was.

“ And I'm his secretary, beans. ”

“ I had originally planned to make my appearance during the Exam's final phase, but, well, seeing as I'm already here... ”
Netero trailed off awkwardly, seeing the many guarded, reserved, and typically weird looks of the applicants.

“ But I have to admit there's nothing that I love more than this feeling of tension in the air. ” Netero's face eased into a sort of down look.

“So I think I'll stick around for the remainder of the trip. ”

Gon looks around at everyone, and his eyes fell on Miyoko's rickety form swaying like a palm tree in the wind, next to Kurapika, who she was following around after he had a talk with her.

Gon did admit that he liked her better this way than when she was reserved but... he found himself feeling emotions he's never felt before.
Like when Miyoko's hesitated when given the option to be around him.

Killua yawned, and closed his eyes .

Netero let out a laugh that Miyoko deemed as discomfort.

Beans filled in for him. “We are scheduled to arrive at our location tomorrow at 8:00 A.M exactly. You'll find dinner waiting for you at the dining hall. You're also welcome to get some rest, of course. You're free to do what you want to, until we contact you.
The evening is yours. ”

Taking the initiative, Killua leaned closer to Gon.

“ Hey, come on Gon! We can explore the airship. ”

“ Yeah! ”

Gon turned toward Miyoko, his mouth opening to ask if she wanted to join but her swaying made him close his mouth shortly.

“ Yeah, I know. She looks like she might drop at any moment. ” At Kurapika's words she snapped straight up.

“ Aw, okay... get some rest! ” Gon said kindly, running after Killua who was watching the whole interaction.

“ Did you really ask? ”

“ No, she looks too tired so I didn't ask. ”

“ Tsk, if she's so tired she shouldn't have joined the Exam. ”

Gon felt a negative churning in his stomach. “ Well Kurapika and Leorio are probably tired too, what about them? ” Gon tried to counter with a friendly resolve.