06

𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 miyoko doesn't know what to think anymore

𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 finally let them in, or stay like a brick wall?

" 𝙊𝙃, 𝙂𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙈𝘼𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙉!"
Leorio complains loudly, running in front of the three with Kurapika.

" Except this time we're in a swamp, and running on wet ground requires significantly more energy. " Kurapika adds on, his voice straining to be a little louder than his usual soft tone, as he was breathless from constantly running.

They continue to run through brief silence, sounds of splashing residing in Miyoko's ears.

Mud was lifted from the ground with every footfall and every lift of each appendage, making Miyoko slightly irritated.

Mud squished between her toes and she grimaced at it.

Her mother knew the Hunters' Exam was going to be rough, yet she made her wear useless shoes that weren't even good for anything.

Wait, good for one thing. A knife was buried in the sole but that was about it.

Her mother could've at least made the straps dependable.

A puff of air escaped her lips and she stepped were footprints were to deter any unwanted splashes.

" Now, everyone. Please make sure to follow close behind me. " Satotz says, a little louder than usual.

As Miyoko tuned out the squish of mud, more sounds violated her ears, like annoyingly loud breathing, grunts of exertion, and the squawking of a rare bird that looked like it came from a video game.

If Miyoko could remember clearly, in the actual episode were loud drums that was in the background, so at least she couldn't hear that.

Hisoka was behind them, unusual as he took off before Miyoko could reject Gon's offer to run with him.

" The fog is getting even thicker as we go. " Kurapika says breathlessly, and Miyoko cut her eyes behind her.

" Guys, now is our chance. I say we take advantage of the fog and get rid of him."
One of the applicants behind Hisoka says, and Miyoko slowed down, but Hisoka's eyes connected to her own, shaking his head only slightly so that she could see.

Her own eyes grew dark, and said all what she needed to say,
why don't you ever let me help you?

His lips quirk up slightly.