12

𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 𝙈𝙄𝙔𝙊𝙆𝙊 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝘾𝙍𝙀𝙒 + 𝙏𝙊𝙉𝙋𝘼 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝙈𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙔
𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙎 𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙊𝙊𝙈.

𝘢𝘯𝘥

𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙊𝙒𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝙋𝙃𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍.

With an Innocent gleam in her eyes, the little girl watched kids her age walk side by side with different colored bags on their backs.

They laughed with each other, and their arms were linked.

They wore uniforms, cute hats on all of their heads.

“ Mama, ” the little girl called out and climbed off of the inactive radiator connected to the wall.

Her mother looked up from the floor, soap coating the bottom bristles of the brush she used to scrub the floor clean.

She smiled a tired smile. “ Yes, my love? ”

“ why can't I go to school like all of the other kids my age? ”  she asked, and silence ensued, other than the slight sound of the wind entering the open window, making the rayon curtains flutter,and the chatter of kids, as well as the school bell ringing not too far off.

“ Well... you're so much more special than the other kids, my dear. You don't need school, you're already so smart. ” her mother says kindly and leaned forward, giving a dry kiss from her chapped lips onto the little girl's forehead.

“ but... it looks so fun. ” she said quietly, and her mother sighed.

“ i know, baby. but you can read such thick books, those other children can't read like that just yet. You're on a bigger level than them. ”

that made her happy.

Miyoko didn't wake with a start.

She just opened her eyes, and stared at the blank ceiling.

She figured that was another memory, her second one so far.

Drowsiness and then pain rushed at her all at once and she grimaced, but ignored it all together, and scooped up the chain that hid under her clothes, but she's realized that her decorative kimono wasn't even on herself.

She patted herself and her knives were gone too.

Then she sat up with a quiet noise of discomfort, and brought her leg up a bit, looking around.

mmp.. ” she hummed and sat up on two legs, or at least tried and fell back on her bottom when an agonizing pain shot through her leg.

she crawled on her knees, despite the tight pain that gripped at her, and slowly made way to the table, until footsteps suddenly pierced the stuffy and still atmosphere.