09

𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 the second phase
of the exam

is finished.

( 𝐓𝐖; mentions of 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 . )

“ 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝙎𝙊, 𝙄𝙎𝙉'𝙏 𝙄𝙏 𝘼 𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙇𝙀 𝙏𝙀𝘿𝙄𝙊𝙐𝙎 𝙏𝙊 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙌𝙐𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙔 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔 𝙀𝙓𝘼𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙀? ”

And that's how everyone who Menchi disqualified had a second chance at passing the second Exam.

It was simple.

Chairman Netero dropped down like a bomb from a blimp in the sky, told everyone that Menchi couldn't give up being an examiner so quickly and easily as there was no one else to full in for her.

Everyone went aboard the blimp and was shortly dropped off at a cliff edge, where the top was dry and empty, but on the edge of the cliff was deep and vast.

Everyone gathered to peer over the cliff and backed away quickly, while others murmured, unsure.

“ Now everyone, look carefully. ”
Menchi says, and they look long enough for fog to clear, revealing webs in square patterns.

Miyoko didn't need to look, as she already knew this while thing would happen.

She stayed away from the edge, and blinked boredly, her eyelashes lowering over her shadowed yellow-bronze eyes.

A strong draft blew up, and Todo along with a few others fell back to the rocky soil in fear.

“Look below the web. ” Menchi instructs, and Miyoko watched as gon craned his neck deeper to see.

She observed him, and felt a deep sigh release the tension from her shoulders.

“Those are... ” Gon trailed off, not having a word to describe the sight of eggs hanging from strings of web.

“ Those are spider eagle eggs.  ” Menchi filled in for him.

“ Spider eagles build their nests in deep ravines,  to protect their eggs from predators. This makes their eggs one of the most difficult ingredients to obtain.”
Buhara adds.

“ The eggs are also called 'dream eggs'. ”
Netero comments.

“W-Wait a minute... ” Todo starts, looking at the Chairman from his position on the ground. He looks back to Menchi.

“ You're not saying that we... ”

“ I sure am! ” Menchi's voice travels down the ravine, and Miyoko decides to step closer to the edge, but away from everyone else, her hooped black tresses that are connected to her buns swaying in the draft.

“What?! ” Todo yells just as Menchi's heeled feet jumped off of the edge elegantly, swan diving down into the ravine and grabbing onto a stretched line of web.

The web momentarily bends under her weight, but bounces back into place, sending Menchi up again into a flip but she grabs right on again.