Chapter 17

Locking and isolating myself is the best decision I've ever made so far.

I'm not talking to any of them. Sinusubukan akong lapitan at kausapin ng iba ngunit agad akong lumalayo o umaalis. Sometimes I'm acting as if I don't see or hear them anymore.

Even Ashvin who looks so stressed and closed to depress, tried to approach me a lot of times but I'm not even giving him a glance.

I know that not all of them is at fault but I want to do this.

This is my way of telling them to continue their plans. I heard them talking once.

"I can't kill my own child if that's the case, Thrax." Ashvin coldly answered.

"So you're considering the idea?" Taas kilay na tanong ni Eira. Napakurap naman si Ashvin at nagtiim bagang.

"Thrax is right, I'm doing this for her." He shortly answered.

Eira rolled her eyes and glared at Cloud.

"What? Kahit sa atin mangyari yan. I promise! Hindi ako bubuntis ng ibang babae!" Tinaas nya pa ang kamay na parang nanunumpa.

I looked down because of his words.

Unfortunately, that's not the case for us.

Happiness or happy ending isn't for me.

"I told you to stop looking down everytime you're hurting." Narinig ko ang boses ni Westin kaya napalingon ako sa likod ko.

Nakapasok ang mga kamay nya sa bulsa habang nakatingin sa kanila na naguusap sa baba.

"I'm not hurting," I denied and remove the expressions on my face.

"I'm not the Son of Cupid for nothing." He glared at me jokingly that made me sighed.

Naglakad nalang ako paalis doon. I can feel his presence on my back but I don't care.

"Yung nakita natin nung gabing iyon." He started that made me stopped walking.

"Kalimutan mo na." He added. Napaawang ang labi ko dahil sa sinabi nya.

"Why would I?" I asked.

He didn't answer me and just vanished from my sight.

What's wrong with what we saw?

I chuckled and continued to my room to locked myself again.

Ilang araw na akong ganito at kahit si Ama ay hindi ko pinapansin. I need a peace of mind. Kahit na ramdam ko din ang nararamdaman ni Ashvin ay mas gusto ko ng tahimik.

Thrax...he's not the type of person who'll just act without thinking or planning. He knows what he's doing. It's all calculated when it comes to him.

I don't know but of all people—I trust him the most. I trust the Norse's the most. I trust Ashvin too. But the feeling of betrayal is eating me.

I can't believe that they're neglecting my feelings just for this. They didn't even asked for my opinion about this matter.

I can understand...I will force myself to understand. Ako din naman ang may kasalanan nito. It's my Mother who started all of this.

I will understand.

Hindi ko namalayan na nakatulog na pala ako dahil sa kakaisip. Out of all dreams, this is the one I hate the most.

"Trust them," my Mother said. I don't know what happened. I just saw myself lying on her lap and her—brushing my hair with her fingers.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Trust them," ulit nya na naman. Napatayo ako at hindi makapaniwalang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Y-you're the reason why this is happening." I said, telling her what she have done. But she smiled at me instead.

"I'm sorry—."

"Do you know, Mom? That the man I love—needs to impregnate another woman for the sake of this fucking prophecy that you did!" I shouted and cried in front of her.

"My friends—they're betraying me! And they will all betray me because of this!" I said and pointed at her.

"Because of you!"

Sinusubukan nya akong abutin ngunit hindi ako pumapayag.

"I'm sorry—." She mouthed.

"Anong magagawa ng sorry mo? Fuck it, you're ruining my life!"

"A-anong ginawa ko sayo? I'm not the one who hurted you! Why are you so fucking mad at me?"

She keeps on mouthing sorry while crying too. Hindi ko sya pinapansin at panay lang ang pagsasalita ko.

"I fucking hate you with all my life!  But guess what? I can't kill you so I gave you a better life in that world! But what did I get in return? A fucking curse!"

"Linnaea!" I felt a strong hand shaked my shoulders. Agad akong napamulat at nakita ang nagaalalang mukha ni Ashvin.

I unconsciously hugged him and cried on his shoulders. I felt him stiffened at first before he caressed my back.

"I'm sorry." I kept on whispering. Nilayo nya ako sa kanya at hinawakan ang baba ko para magtagpo ang mga mata namin.

"Why are you saying sorry?" He softly asked that made me cried more.

"For...ignoring you." I answered and looked down again. But he caressed my cheeks lightly that made me looked up.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Linnaea." He said. Nararamdaman ko pa din ang pagtulo ng luha ko habang nakatingin sa kanya.

Napasuklay sya sa buhok at nakita kong dumaan ang sakit sa mga mata nya.

"I'm so sorry." He said again and leaned on my shoulders. Tinago nya ang mukha sa leeg ko na nagpahinto sa akin sa pag iyak.

"Shh. I understand." I said but he shooked his head.

"Trust me, hmm? I-I love you so fucking much, Linnaea." He said while still hiding on my neck.

"And I'm just asking you to trust me. Trust us." He said. Kunot noo kong tinaas ang ulo nya kaya nakita ko kung gaano kapula ang mga mata nya at nagpipigil din ng iyak.

"What are you saying?" Lito kong tanong na nagpa igting sa panga nya.

"Let's just sleep. Can I sleep by your side just for tonight?" He asked. I pursued my lips before nodding.

Is wishing for that night to never end is selfish?

Because I'd die just to stop the time and stay at the happiest moments.

Because starting from the day after that night, they...changed.

<33

Hi, sorry for late updates or no updates at all. Please bear with me, I got loads of schoolworks right now. Thank you <3

And sorry for this short chapter, after this—the real journey will start. Love y'all!