(Chapter 7) By Ourselves

Kaede's POV

I wake up. It's the last day before school starts. I still remember the whole entirety of yesterday. What Shuichi said to me, and our hug before I left. his warmth enveloped me in awe.. If only we could hug again.

I sit up on my bed, cuddling the Usami plush. My parents weren't too happy about me getting a plush. At least they calmed down after I told them I didn't buy it and that it was gifted.

I look at the clock. 11:30am. I woke up later than yesterday. This week has been absolute havoc.
I check my phone. Saihara sent me a good morning message at 10am. It's been an hour and a half since that message was sent.. woops..

---
Saihara!!! (best boy ever)

Saihara!!! (10 00): Good morning

Kaede: good morning!! So sorry for the late reply I woke up late

Saihara!!!: It's fine haha

Saihara!!!: Btw do you want to
---

He didn't finish his message. He's taking a while to type. What's he doing?
I lay back down on my bed. I am still tired from yesterday, somehow. I'm still waiting for his message.
Still waiting..
Any moment now..
Just a little longer..
..
Uhm.. is he gonna-

ding

I look at my phone.

---
Saihara!!! (BBE)

Saihara!!!: You wanna hang out for a little while? It's ok if you don't want to I just want to ask you

Kaede: of course I would! what time and where?

Saihara!!!: Around 3pm, like yesterday, meeting at my house should be fine.

Kaede: ok cool!! see you later!!
---

Yes! I get to see Saihara! Maybe.. we could hug again?

Wait, is this a date?

Shuichi's POV

I asked Kaede on a date!!!! That was probably the greatest thing I'll ever do for the rest of my life.

I immediately message Kaito.

---
Momota

Shuichi: SHE SAID YES!!

Momota: I told you she would say yes!

Shuichi: Promise me you won't stalk me again okay? the other time I went over to Kaede's house for a project, I could see you outside her house staring right at us

Momota: no promises!!
---

I swear to god, if I catch him stalking me again, I will freak out.

...

I was at the agency when I sent that message. I usually work in here at weekends from 9am until 2pm, since I don't do much. That one murder case I solved was there by coincidence, and I wasn't assigned for it anyway..
It's 12 noon right now. All I did was find a missing cat. It wasn't that much of a deal.
Most of my time spent here was just helping my uncle's colleagues work out case files. Even then, they're all minor cases. I haven't seen one about murder yet.

I forgot to bring my book today. I guess looking at pictures of Kaede on my phone will do. Kaede would occasionally sent pictures of herself for some reason. And this week, there's about more than 10 photos of our date yesterday. I stare at the photos for a long time. She's too cute for my wellbeing, I can't take it!! I feel like I could jump at her into a hug, and just.. stay there forever.

..Kaede really brings the cliche out of me, does she?

I look at the clock. 1:30pm. Time really sped up, huh? I'm surprised nobody interrupted my time for a case or anything. Guess I'm lucky today. I pack up so I can leave on time. My uncle sits nearby my apprentice desk, and he noticed me packing up.
"Why you on a rush?" He asks
"I'm going to go on a date with Kaede soon," I tell him. I am telling you, I swear I didn't mean to say that.
"A date? With Kaede?" He smirks.
"D-date? I meant I was g-going to.. hang out.. with Kaede.." I respond. He chuckles, before going back to his case. I hope nobody else heard that.. that was absolutely embarrassing.

I zone out for the rest of the time at the agency. I didn't want to leave early in case anyone had a case for me to help out in.

Guess not. Not much for the 'boy detective' today..
I get up from my desk, prepared to leave.
"You really want to go out with Kaede, huh?" My uncle interrupts my thoughts. I swear to god..
"I told you, it's not a date, okay?" I frustratingly mumble.
I hurriedly walk out of the agency and started walking home. I had to think of what to do for the date quickly. Maybe we can go to the cafe again? She did say she wanted to go there. Maybe have another visit to the park? I head there was a new art museum in town. We could probably do some shopping at the local mall.

Yeah, that's good. Let's go with that. I look at the scene around me. I like taking walks a lot. Be it urban or rural, in the city or in a forest, I like walking around and taking in the view. I eventually reach home, sun beating down on me. The agency was, for some reason, quite far away. About 20 minutes, pre say. And I decided not to drive my Hirochi Sunburst. I mean, the view was worth, but I've seen it hundreds of times, and the feeling that I showered was not worth it.
I unlock my door and have to prepare.

And actually shower this time.

After showering, I put on a light grey long sleeved shirt and long white pants. I waited for a while. I had like a few minutes to spare. It didn't take long until I heard the doorbell.

ding dong bing bong

I hurried downstairs to get my cap and open the door. I saw Kaede.
"Hey, Saihara! We gonna go soon?"
"Yeah, yeah, let me just get my things real quick."
Before I turned around, I saw some rustling in a bush nearby. That's weird, there's no wind at all here. Why is it moving?

A.N: okay I'm done hdhhhhh
I'm sorry that there's not much this time exams exist rn smh
but it's almost over so hope to make more in the near future!! That is if the world doesn't blow up by then you don't know
Have a nice day!