Twenty Six - It Was Agatha All Along!

Oʟɪᴠᴇʀ

"So; divorced, but now a couple?" Zach reiterates for what I'm convinced is the millionth time.

I can only roll my eyes, somewhat exasperated by his inability to comprehend. It's hardly difficult. Hallie and I married, without any feelings involved. Hallie and I then decided to divorce, following the admittance of our newly surfaced attraction and restart as - well, it's perhaps slightly too premature to call ourselves girlfriend and boyfriend. I imagine Hallie will want sky writing and a rather large and expensive bouquet of roses before I ask to be official.

"He's only said it about eleven times, Zach." Felix sighs, running a heavy hand down his face with equal lassitude, and I offer him a fleeting look of consolation. For a moment, I truly feel sympathetic, considering this level of incompetence is what he deals with on a daily basis with Zach, Monty and I.

"Well," Zach starts again, "excuse me for being slightly confused by the whole ordeal. Last time he was here it was just a divorce - no honeymoon phase to accompany." At the mention of last time, he runs a hand over his stomach, and it's not me, but Hallie who chortles with suppressed laughter, reminded by our conversation in the car.

All eyes fall to her and she corrects herself quickly, almost embarrassed to have been caught outside of her usually professional persona. "So anyway," I decide to begin, regaining the attention of my friends, "I got a right bollocking last time I left without a goodbye. Thought I'd save myself the earache before we go back to Oxford."

Monty quirks a brow. "And what's the plan then? I mean, I doubt your mum's going to best pleased with Osborne over here making a grand re-entrance after you hand her your divorce papers."

Hallie lifts her shoulders with discomfort. "We need to figure that part out. At least we won't have Helena sticking her nose in anymore." She digresses.

"So Helena's on our side now?" He inquires.

"This isn't footie, Monty." Zach exclaims, a face of pure bewilderment written across his features at the statement.

Monty only waves a hand in dismissal. "Point is, am I allowed to sleep with her now?" He looks devoutly at Hallie for her approval.

A shameless grin finds me as Hallie opens and closes her mouth, entirely perplexed by the question he offers. It takes her a moment - a moment in which Felix elicits a mumble of disbelief - before answering, "well, she's engaged -"

"She'll definitely sleep with you Monty." I interject, lifting surrendering hands when Hallie fires me a disgusted look. "What? You're acting like she didn't try to come on to me in those first couple of weeks, fiancé or not?"

She scoffs derisively. "Please Oliver - you're just arrogant enough to think that everyone will fall for your charm."

"Need I remind you where I ate dinner a few nights ago? And you swore blind that would never happen." When a blush of red spills across her cheeks, she quietens.

"Where did you eat?" Zach asks.

"Sweet Jesus." Felix sighs, rising to his feet as though unable to bare a single moment longer of the sheer idiocy that suffocates this room. He leaves to the kitchen and once more, Monty leads the conversation.

"So you wouldn't mind if you made a move on your sister Hallie?" He pries.

"Other than the fact I think she'll chew you up and spit you out, it really is non of my business." He lifts his brows playfully.

"Don't threaten me with a good time Miss Evans."

꧁ꨄ꧂

"So, really, what is the plan?" Hallie groans with angst as she drags a hand through her hair. Helena doesn't at all seem disconcerted by such and proceeds to march her way through the foyer, not bothering to remove her shoes as Hallie and I have both done. That, along with the fact she choose to continue to have her blazer draped across her shoulders rather than hang it with ours, truly captures the essence of Helena.