•Thou belongeth to the streets•

"You cannot catch feelings Abiola! You belong to the streets!"
"You cannot catch feelings Abiola! You belong to the streets!" I chanted into my mirror.

Someone said if you want something to happen, you have to speak it into reality, but I'm here to tell you that person is a bloody liar! If not tell me why I have been chanting the above message for the past 30 minutes since Xian left and I'm still feeling some kind of way from his kiss ?

It wasn't even a proper kiss dammit!

I was thankful that American teachers were more lenient than Nigerian ones when giving out homework, because God knows if I had still been in Lagos I would have had heaps of homework not minding that it was the first day.

All I had to do was to start reading 'The Handmaid's Tale', which was our year's Literature book and I had already read that a long time ago.

It was just 6:00 pm and I had already started to feel sleepy, so I hopped in and out of the shower, brushed my teeth, wore my PJ's and crashed on my bed.
And it wasn't long before I nodded of into dream land.

*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*

"Abiola! Abiola! Listen to me child!" Came the voice of someone that sounded so familiar, but still a voice I struggled to pinpoint.

"Abiola my child, you have to awaken your Aṣẹ, you have to let your Iwa show." The voice came again, sounding so far but yet so close at the same time. It almost felt tangible, like I could grab it before it disappeared.

"Who are you! Show yourself." I screamed at the voice. How dare they hide like a coward instead of facing me head on.

"Abiola, awaken your Aṣẹ! Let your Iwa wa show!" The voice echoed again, paying no heed to my cries. I couldn't even understand the Yoruba that the voice was speaking, and I had a fairly good grasp on the language.

"Abiola awaken your Aṣẹ! Lest your own fire consumes you." The voice said in a scary tone, sounding farther away than it did a moment ago.

*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†

"Abiola, Abiola, wake up." Came the worried voice of my mother.
"You were tossing and turning all night Bibi. Are you alright?" My mum cooed gently, rubbing my arm.

I sat up, thanking God that my mother had woken me up, I was afraid I might have lost my mind if she hadn't.

"Yes Ma, I just had a bad dream, that's all." I answered not wanting to go through all the prayer sessions I knew my mother would put me through if I told her about the dream.

My mother looked at me with a skeptical eye, as if she was considering shipping me back to her pastor in Nigeria.

Damn.
It was already 6:30. It seemed I had slept longer than I thought.
I decided to take a bath and watch someTV since I didn't have to go anywhere till 7:30.

*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†

I had Algebra first period today and I hadn't seen either Lucas or Xian. I really liked the both of them and I didn't want their issues to stop me from being friends with either of them.

"Hey Abbyyy." Lauren screeched.

Well someone was happy this morning.

"Hey Lauren." I said, bracing myself for the impact of her hug.