•Honeybunch•

Xian's POV

Her face was just inches away from mine and took everything in me not to take her lips in mine at that moment.

Her beautiful coffee eyes held a spark of mischief masked with a fake innocence she tried so hard to use to cover it up.

I had the best mate ever.

"Whatever do you mean Honeybunch ?"
She responded to my earlier question, fluttering her eyelashes.

Honey bunch?

I repeated it out loud, making her smirk.

"It's my nickname for you. Don't you like it Honeybunch?" She asked putting emphasis on the honey bunch.

I was pretty sure this was a joke and I hoped she really didn't plan on calling me that in the future especially in front of people that could hear.

"I'll love whatever you decide to call me Abby." I said, kissing her nose, deciding it was better if I played it safe.

"I'm glad you like it, mate." She replied.

Wait...

How...

"Were you ever going to tell me or did you think you'd be able to pull some Alpha male shit on me and get me to have your pups without knowing what was going on?" She said with anger making her dark eyes harden.

Can I just talk about how amazing my mate looks even when she's angry? And the thought of Abiola carrying my pups did something to me.

I couldn't help myself, I leaned in and kissed her. Her shock was evident in the way she responded, a kiss was obviously not what she was expecting, but it only took her a few seconds to find herself and kiss me back.

The sparks were immaculate.

The way her lips seemed to melt into mine was as if she was made just for me, and I realized,

She was.

The kiss was like nothing like I'd ever experienced before. Usually I'm always the dominant one in kissing, but being with Abiola made me feel like there wasn't a space for my dominance, the kiss was soft and gentle. Romantic even.

It was filled with everything that I seemingly was not.

The kiss was filled with warmth.

Abiola's POV

The way Xian gripped my waist made me want to rip of the useless towel on his waist and do more than just kiss him, but I didn't forget what we were talking about.

"Good distraction, but not good enough." I said breathlessly, forcing myself to break out of the kiss.

"Damn, looks like I'll have to work on my tactics." He said in a lust filled voice, his wet raven hair falling over his eyes.

Calm Ovaries! Calm!

"Yeah, yeah, now answer my question. Why didn't you tell me I was your mate?" I asked him.

The look on his face showed me that he'd rather not have this conversation but the look I gave him back told him that I wasn't leaving any space for arguement.

"I didn't want to scare you."

"I was afraid you'd leave me." He said in a whisper.

What is this boy's problem? I don't want to feel bad nau!
I know how to deal with angry territorial Xian not Sad puppy Xian.

"Why in the world would you think I'd be afraid of you Xian." I asked with empathy in my eyes.

"You know what? Hold that thought, how am I supposed to have a heartfelt conversation with you while you're wearing that." I say, my eyes directed to the flimsy piece of white cloth that barely passed as a towel.

A light chuckle came out of Xian's mouth before driving me out the bathroom so he could change.

†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†

"Xian, I could never be afraid of you, no matter what or who you are." I said leaning closer into him on the bed.

"I guess I know that now. I just... I just didn't want to take any chances with you. I thought I didn't want a mate but then you came over and now I don't think I'll survive it if anything happened to you." He said burying his neck into the crook of my neck.

Xian Hunt will be the end of me.

"I know I've promised not to overreact to anything, but why are you here with him." Xian said, letting go of me, the loss of his touch making me pout.

I explained everything to Xian, from finding out that I have powers to why I'm actually here and how Lucas is helping me figure my life out.

He seemed to calm down at the realisation that nothing was going on between Lucas and I.

I mean, he's gorgeous and everything but so is every wolf I've met so far. Lucas and I probably have as much chemistry as Peppa pig and Danny Dog. Everyone knows it's Peppa and Pedro that takes the cake.

I don't think we need Lord Cyfrin to prove you're a goddess, but I'll still do everything I can to get to him." Xian said, kissing me right behind my ear.

I don't think I was Xian's biggest fan in the beginning, but if all this mate shit is real, I think the moon goddess did a pretty good job.

But there was one thing that still bothered me.

"What's up with you and Lucas?" I tried to ask him casually.
The fact that Xian stiffened behind me was proof that the question was anything but casual to him.

The silence in the air was sickening and I couldn't stand it.

"Xian I understand if you aren't ready to tell me yet, but if whatever we have going on between each other is going to work, we're going to have to be honest with each other."

I ended there thinking that would be the end of that for today when I heard Xian speak up.

"We were best friends."

A/N

Hey guys
I tried to make this chapter extra mushy or whatever.
What do y'all think ?
As always don't forget to Vote ! Comment ! and Share!

~An author that thinks they're in love💜