•Street girl•

I couldn't believe a whole month had passed since I got here.

Quinn ended up apologizing for snapping at me that day at Lucas' place.

She explained that she wasn't the most fond person of Xian but that still wasn't a reason to judge me before knowing me.
Knowing how Xian could be, I forgave her and told her it was alright and we're technically best buds now.

The last two weeks had been perfect. Perfect meaning normal, considering that nothing had been normal since I got here.

So even a bit of normalcy would be considered perfect to me.

Xian and Lucas weren't exactly best friends yet, but they stopped actively trying to kill each other every 5 minutes. So that's a start.

It was Saturday morning and I was feeling a little home sick. I missed my friends at LIC, my old school. Sure they all had drama but I mean, who doesn't love drama?

Don't get me wrong, it isn't like I haven't talked to anyone since I moved, but I'm not exactly saying I've had any deep conversations with them either.

If there was anyone I missed the most it was Umar Bello. I don't think I really had a best friend, but Umar would be the closest to what I'd call one.

A swimmer, with a face just as good as his body, Umar was every girl's dream, but all he wanted was to be left alone.

And just like the trouble maker I was, I did everything possible to go against his wish. I disturbed Umar's life until the only thing he could do was let me in, and we've been friends ever since.

We were a trio, Umar, Kanye, who was the sweetest and yet the most unpredictable boy in the entire school and well, me.

I decided that I'd video call him, I knew he'd be awake because it was afternoon in Nigeria and Umar would probably be about to start training for the Paragon, which was sport competition that LIC partook in every year.

"Street girl, how far." Umar's deep chuckle came out.

"You must be mad, who are you calling street girl." I replied back with a grin as wide as Saturn's rings.

I'd missed this.  Bickering with Umar and him pretending to be a hard guy, but low-key knowing he had a soft spot for me.

"Hey Abby." Oma said, waving all the while simultaneously looking at her phone.

Omasirichi Dacosta was Kanye Dacosta's twin sister, but I wasn't as close with her as I was with her brother.

In fact, I don't think Oma was close to anyone but her tight knit of friends, and the only person I really even knew in that group was Idera, because we were both on the track team together.

I wanted so badly to tell Umar everything that's been going on with me but I knew I couldn't. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, but how do you tell someone that you're mated to a werewolf, and may or may not be a descendant of a Yoruba deity?

Umar already thinks I'm mad as it is, no need to confirm his suspicion.

"How's LIC?  Jidenna still giving you trouble?"  I asked Umar.

"Please, don't spoil my day by talking about that obnoxious asshole." Umar responded, rolling his eyes.

Jiddena Kalu was LIC's token bad boy and the most insufferable, spoilt brat to ever grace the earth.