14 - Limits

The logic in your bathing plan was flawed from the get go. If Orochimaru hadn't lit a fire you probably wouldn't have found the camp in the dark. You sighed. The day had been really stressful and with every step your exhaustion seemed to set in more... and more... and more... You yawned. At least you probably would have no trouble falling asleep later. Your mind was wondering while you approached the fire. "Grrrrrr.." Your stomach was complaining about the lack of food. Hopefully Orochimaru had brought some.

Passing a final tree you could get a look at the small camp, there was a tent, a fire and around the fire was... no. There wasn't Orochimaru sitting there, it was two dudes you had never seen before. Your eyes widened. One was sitting with his back turned towards you and hadn't noticed you yet but the other must've had sensed something, since he raised his gaze, looking you straight into the eyes. Well this was awkward, not to mention you were barely dressed. Guess you had a lot of explaining to do.

"Uhhh..." You didn't really know how to start. Alarmed at the sound, the other guy jerked around, seeing you, jumping up and turning toward you. "Idiot, what are you doing just staring?!" He hissed at the other one. "I'm sorry boss!" The timid man apologized. You didn't have the strength or chakra to fight right now so you decided to calm the situation. You raised both hand in front of you, signaling that you weren't dangerous.

"It's probably one of those leaf ninjas, I really thought we got rid of them, fuck." The taller, bearded man, which you now knew was the boss, cussed. "No I just-" You tried to interfere.
"Boss, they don't look like a ninja, maybe they got lost?" The timid man suggested to his higher up. "Nonsense!!" He spat. "Maybe they want to trick us to let our guard down." Alright, it didn't seem like you could calm them down. You carefully tried to take a few steps back and get away from there as fast a possible.

"THEY ARE TRYING TO FLEE!! STAY HERE BASTARD! WE'RE GONNA TAKE CARE OF YOU NOW ONCE AND FOR ALL, ALRIGHT?!" The boss started screaming and suddenly both of them came charging at you, knifes in hand. You turned to run, in your current state, you weren't sure if you could master up the chakra to take care of both of them, so you had to run and in the best case find Orochimaru. Fast.

You started sprinting, having trouble keeping a fast pace, your legs felt so weak. Still, these people were nothing special, probably some petty thieves, trying to cause trouble. You smirked, feeling confident they couldn't even do you any harm, even in this exhausted state of yours.

Suddenly a heavy force from above crashed down on you, you didn't have a chance to react, as whatever it was, pinned you down to the ground, with your face in the dirt. You tried to struggle and get up but but no chance. You had lost your last amount of energy through that little sprint. "Fuck!" You quietly cursed under your breath.
"Hahahaha.. HAHAHAHHAA!" The person on top of you started laughing hysterically. "You didn't expect me at all huh?" They yelled mockingly. You clenched your jaw. Trying your best to turn and get a glimpse of this guy. When you could almost see his face, a hard fist hit you right in the face. The pain was bad and you felt blood dripping from your nose.

From the distance you could hear quiet huffs, approaching you. Calling out to the man pinning you down. From their voices you could make out it was the thieve people. "Haha! Good job, man!" The boss laughed. Then they collectively, held you in place while turning you around. Now you were facing them. You could see each one of their ugly faces, their cocky expressions in the moonlight. As you started to taste blood in your mouth, you only had one idea for a final attack. It would probably cost you a big amount of chakra, your last amount, so you were definitely going to pass out, but was there any other option right now?

Since you were barely dressed, their dirty hands were touching your skin, if you could only concentrate you chakra on these points... You shut your eyes, concentrating really hard.

Suddenly, the men were all pushed away from you by a big force, blood splattering all over the place. They crashed against trees and each other. Your eyes widened in surprise. Did you do this? You slowly tried to stand up, trying to find the last amount strength in your body that didn't exist. As soon as you stood on your too legs, your realized, they couldn't hold your weight at all. They gave in beneath you making you fall forwards.

You squeezed your eyes shut, ready for the impact but it never came. Instead of dirt, stones and leaves you felt soft fabric and cold hands. Cold hands on your... NAKED SKIN. Your face flushed red and you quickly stumbled back with wide eyes, before losing balance once again, this time falling backwards. Orochimaru quickly stepped forward catching you once again by the shoulders. He sighed, picking you up from the ground easily. You wanted to protest but knew very well that you couldn't walk anyway. Instead you looked away trying to hide the fact you were still blushing.

"I thought I told you to be more careful?" He said, lowering his head a little, you could feel strands of his hair on your skin. It tickled. You stayed silent which seemed to annoy him. "You better have an explanation for this." He said with a calm voice. "I'm.. sorry. I got lost. Forgive me please." You mumbled. "You might as well kneel down and beg for forgiveness." He joked chuckling lightly, which lightened the situation. "It won't happen again, I'm really sorry." You added. "I sure hope that's the case." Then he started walking to the camps direction. Surprisingly, the walk took longer than you expected, seemed like you had really messed up and walked into the wrong direction for a while. You slowly started to doze off in his embrace.

-

You sat at the small fire, dressed in fresh clothes, warming yourself up. As you arrived at the camp earlier, Orochimaru layed you down and let you sleep. After waking up about 2 hours later, you couldn't manage to fall asleep again so you exited the tend and unsurprisingly, Orochimaru was just sitting there. Does this man not need any sleep?