1 - Important Mission

The sun started creeping through the blinds, shining right onto your face, waking you from your slumber. Your body still ached from yesterday's training, maybe you shouldn't have asked Kakashi to spar with you, not that you expected him to agree anyway. He wasn't your sensei, you never had a real sensei like the other teams but you were still able to become a Chunin.

You turned to look at the little clock on your nightstand, if it had an alarm, you probably wouldn't have overslept. 2pm. "Shit..." you sighed, just glad that you had nothing important planned for today.

You got up, now really feeling every muscle. "What to eat... What to eat..." Yawning, you opened the fridge just to realize you had almost nothing. "Guess cerial will have to do." You grabbed a bowl and poured some of your favorite cerial in, opening the fridge again, grabbing the milk- Wait, the milk felt awfully light. "Nooo dont tell me..." you prayed you were just mistaken and it would still be enough, but all for nothing. "Guess I should go shopping huh?" you said to yourself in frustration.

-

"Okay did I miss anything?" You looked at your shopping list. "Nope, seems that's it. You walked through the isles to checkout. "Y/N??" a familiar voice yelled. It was the one and only Naruto Uzumaki with a couple of instant noodle cups in his arms. He continued: "What's up? I didn't see you at all today, did something happen?" "No I just overslept, sorry, were you looking for me or something?" You answered. He must've heard the sleepiness in your voice cause he started chuckling. "Ah yes I see, granny Tsunade might have a mission for you but she wants to talk to you about it first. I dunno any details so you better ask her yourself.." "Oh no, is it urgent?" You started to panic, you really didn't want the hokage to have a reason to be mad at you. "I said I dunno, she likes you though, so no worries." He grinned and walked away. "She likes me?" You mumbled. You never felt like she especially liked or disliked you, so Naruto's comment left you confused.

"Oh if it isn't Y/N! Didn't expect to see you here, everything alright?" Said the pink haired girl, who just spotted you as well. "Sakura! Are you here as well?" You said in surprise. She smiled awkwardly. "Yeah I said I would help Naruto go shopping since..." she pointed at him with his instant noodles. "You know he still can't really take care of himself properly." Naruto was about to start protesting but you started speaking first: "Well guys, see you later, I'm heading to Tsunade now."

-

With an empty stomach you knocked on the big door leading to the hokage's office. "Come in." you heard Tsunade's voice from inside. Stepping through the door you saw Shizune was here as well, which wasn't all that surprising.

Tsunade looked relived seeing it was you entering the big room. "Y/N! I was just about to send someone to get you. There is an important mission I want you to be part of, I think your abilities might come in handy."

Abilities? She couldn't mean your blood jutsu, because you weren't really the best at them, I mean how could you, you never knew anyone who could train you. You weren't sure if you should say something, this seemed like a misunderstanding. "Excuse me I'm not sure I understand, my blood control-" "No that's not what I mean", Tsunade interrupted. "Kakashi told me you are quite good with the katana, I knew you had a talent for it but according to what I heard from him, you must've gotten a lot better. And about the special jutsus of the L/N clan... I think going on missions can't hurt to train those as well. Also, there's one thing..." "Alright, if you think I'll be of help, I'll definitely go."

Tsunade seemed pleased. "Good, I'm glad to hear that Y/N. Now about the mission, we've been trying to keep it a secret to the residents so nobody acts without thinking. A group on a low level mission got caught up in a fight last night, they could defeat the target but two of our shinobi got severly injured. The attacker got killed in the fight so we couldn't get any info from him but he was clearly headed for Konoha and... he had a curse mark. It should be obvious that there is only one person that can give people these horrible marks, I hope you know who I'm talking about." She seemed to be avoiding his name om purpose.

"Orochimaru..." you whispered in shock. You knew about him, of course. After the horrendous attack on the village where Sarutobi Hiruzen, the 3rd Hokage died, it was weird to not know about this legendary Sanin who turned his back on the village.

Tsunda continued: "Exactly, we don't want to try and attack him directly yet, since we don't know if he has any plans to attack again, or if he even sent this person, even though it's likely. We'll send a small group of capable shinobi to try and make out the location of his hideout. If another attacker runs into you, I expect you to give it your all. There's another reason I want you to go... Your blood control might help as well. I've heard you can sense if they're is blood outside the human body nearby. Which would will be extremely helpful to determine if any fights happened in the area. Hyugas will be going with you as well, so your group will be specialized on localizing danger."

"The date for the expedition will be tomorrow morning, meet at the eastern gate and please be one time."
"Understood, Lady Tsunade!" you bowed to her and left the room, preparing for your mission tomorrow. You have never gotten a mission this important, eventhough you were a capable shinobi. People have always told you that you could become extremely strong with proper training. Easier said than done. There was nobody who could train you.