C H A P T E R T E N

I gain consciousness and realize the events of yesterday. Riley and I solidified our feelings, we kissed. Holy shit, we kissed. Remembering the feeling of his lips on mine makes me want it back.

His steady breathing lets me know he's still sound asleep. Riley doesn't ever rest. He's always on the go and entertaining. Seeing that he's sleeping peacefully brings a calm to my soul.

I try to roll over to check the time, but he's holding me so tight, I don't want to wake him. I snake out of his arms and carefully reach for my phone on the nightstand.

It's 7 am. Good, so that means no one is up yet. I have six messages, all from Riley's publicist.

Call me now!

We've got a situation.

Get Riley on the phone with me ASAP!!

Delta, please get up. This has to be handled NOW.

Answer your phone please.

Delta...

Holy Shit. What has happened? What has Riley done? The pit in my stomach grows bigger. I look over to the sound asleep man laying next to me. He's so beautiful. I don't want to ruin his peace, but I have no choice.

I nudge him in his arm, but he doesn't budge.

"Riley," I whisper, stroking his cheek. He mumbles something inaudible and rolls over to engulf me in his arms.

"Riley. Get up. We have a problem." I repeat a little more sternly.

His eyes flutter open, "Well, good morning to you too, Darlin'." He plays off my worry.

"Good morning.," I state with a sarcastic smile, "Now I need you to get up because you have to call Kelly. She said it was important."

His eyes almost bulge out of his head. Kelly never calls unless something serious is happening. We both sit up in the bed as I dial Kelly's number. She answers on the first ring.

"Delta, Are you with the man of the hour?" Her tone is one of frustration.

"Yeah, he's right here next to me. What's wrong?" I ask. I know Riley hates conversing with her, so I take the lead. If we already have one problem, there's no need in creating a new one between the two of them.

"So, it looks like your little episode with your ex-girlfriend has finally hit the media," my heart drops as she continues, "Charlotte posted the recording of your last phone call with her. Her caption reads, 'I told y'all Riley Green isn't who he says he is. This is just a small snippet of the way I was treated throughout our relationship. He wants to act like he's the victim, but it's a lie. I am the one who had to endure emotional and verbal abuse by this man and it is not okay."

I feel like I'm going to throw up. I don't think Riley should've talked to her that way, but the man was heart-broken. I mean, what do you expect?

Riley is up off the bed, "Mother Fucker!" He yells as he throws a pillow across the room.

"Now, we have a plan that we need you to follow in order for this to go over smoothly. I will call back when we have everything put into place for you to come out of this. Next time, please give me a heads-up before you berate your ex-girlfriend," her snide remark makes me want to scream every profanity at her, but before I can, she hangs up.

Riley is pacing back and forth. You can practically see the steam rising from the top of his head. I don't dare say anything, I don't want him to switch and take his anger out on me.