T W E N T Y T W O

It's been well over a month since Riley and I have been official. We've spent everyday together, so it feels much longer than that. He is the sweetest, most caring man I have ever had in my life. He sees me, hears me, and makes me feel like a priority. I think I love him....

We're back on the road. Riley has a show in Malibu, then we're headed back to Nashville for the CMAs. He still doesn't know that I'm going. I don't know if I want to tell him or see the shock on his face when he sees me. I found a dress that I ordered online and I'm just praying it fits me properly. We have a day off in Malibu and I'm so excited to be able to go to the beach. Malibu is so romanticized in the media and I can't wait to see it for myself. I'll let you know how it goes...

I close my leather journal and stick the pen back in its elastic holder. It's 8:00 AM in California. Riley was dead to the world when I woke up, so I decided to walk down the street to Dunkin Donuts.

I walk back to the hotel, both our coffees in hand. Riley takes his coffee hot and black. I take mine iced with flavor and cream. A smile creeps on to my lips thinking of the irony. We're so opposite, polar opposites, but we work. We work so well it scares me.

As I enter the hotel, I hear the bed sheets ruffle. Walking farther into the room, I see Riley rubbing his face, trying to wake himself up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I sit on the edge of the bed on his side. "I brought you coffee."

He sits up against the headboard, taking the cup I extend to him, "Thank you, Baby."

"Tell me again what the schedule is for today?" Riley asks.

"You have an interview with Stagecoach Magazine at 11 and then nothing until tomorrow." He nods as I elaborate.

He grabs both of our coffees and places them on the nightstand. In one swift motion, he rolls me under him, the full force of his body weighing on top of me.

"Riley, what are you doing?!" I giggle.

He gently kisses my neck, leaving a trail up to my lips. Once his lips meet mine, an eruption begins to grow inside of me. Ever since we started sleeping together, it seems like we can't keep our hands off of each other.

I pull away from our makeout session, "Honey, you've gotta get dressed and we have to go." I plant one more kiss to his lips as I remove myself from underneath him.

***

"So Riley, We've seen the pictures. Looks like you've got a hot new flame?!" The interviewer asks with such enthusiasm, I want to run across the room and slap her in the face. '

Riley chuckles, "I'm just living my life, man. Meeting new people and having some fun."

"But c'mon, Lainey Wilson?!" The interviewer continues, "That's a good one to have fun with, right?!"

"Lainey is a great girl," Riley keeps his answer vague, "I respect her as an artist and even more as a person." Riley lays the charm on thick to make up for his less than juicy responses.

"Well, we're happy for you. Anyone is lucky to date a woman like her. She is absolutely gorgeous and I'll say you match her in the looks department. No wonder y'all look so good together."

I know that wasn't a dig at me, but it doesn't help the sting that comes along with his words. When it comes to women like Lainey, I don't compare. I'm aware of that. And when I'm with Riley, he makes me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. I just don't like when Riley's unrealistic hotness is brought to the forefront of conversation. Bringing up how gorgeous he is, indirectly brings attention to how average I am.