C H A P T E R . E L E V E N

Riley is sleeping off his hangover. After the stressful events of yesterday, he needed a night to let go. We ended up sleeping in our separate hotel rooms last night. I'm still worried about the honesty in which he addressed his apology video. I should've known better. He's so arrogant, unstable, and selfish most times. I'm so naive to think he'd change or be different with me. I know he says he's going to be better, do better, but I just don't know if I believe him. Maybe it's my insecurities that are getting the best of me. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm way past the point of controlling my feelings for him. Every ounce of willpower I had with him has diminished. I melt in his presence and I hate myself for it. He won this game. And honestly, I don't know how I feel about it.

I decide that's enough writing for the morning. I put my journal away and head towards Riley's room. Today's an off-day and we are in one of the prettiest cities in the country, Charleston, SC. We have to leave on the bus tonight around nine, so as long as I can get everyone here by then, I'll be good all day.

As I walk down the hallway, I text the band mates and let them know they have a free day. I knock on Riley's door with no answer. Shit, he's already a heavy sleeper and mixing alcohol with it doesn't help. I continue knocking with no reply. Maybe his ringer is on.

Two rings, then sent to voicemail. That motherfucker just sent me to voicemail. I try again and to my surprise, he answers. "Hello?" He manages to get out, but it's barely understandable.

"Riley, I'm at your door," I tell him.

"Oh, hey baby. I didn't realize it was you. What time is it?" He asks. I can hear him get out of bed.

"It's 10. You've got a free day today." I hear the door knob turn, so I hang up the phone. He's shirtless, wearing only his boxers. Everytime I see him like this, my heart skips a beat. He's such a stunning man, I can't help but gauck.

Riley greets me with a hug and pulls me into his room, shutting the door behind us. We stand there for a few minutes, wrapped up in each other's arms. This is the safest place I've ever been.

He pulls back and plants a soft kiss on my lips. "If we have an off-day, then why'd you wake me up?" He asks.

Embarrassment immediately floods through me. To be honest, I don't know why I woke him up. I guess I was bored? I missed him? I don't know. I should've just let him sleep.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. I can feel the heat rush to my cheeks, "I guess I was just bored. I'm sorry, I should've let you sleep."

"Don't apologize. You can wake me up whenever you want." He gives me a genuine smile.

"So, what do you want to do today?" He asks, laying back down in his bed.

"Whatever you want to do. I work for you, remember." I remind him jokingly.

He chuckles, "Well, I want to do whatever you want to do."

I walk over to the window and look out into the city. The cobblestone streets and old historical buildings take my breath away.

"I want to explore this city." I tell him, "It's so beautiful." I wave at him to come over and look with me.

He walks over and snakes his arms around my waist. "Look at those carriage rides. I want to do one of those." He points to the horse and buggy that are walking down the street.

"Okay, let's do that." I turn around so we are chest to chest. His hands find my waist under my shirt. Riley ducks his head down and rests his forehead on mine.

"You know, I can think of a better way we can spend our day." He whispers seductively. My insides turn and butterflies begin to take flight.

"Oh yeah?" I encourage him.