Chapter 4

"I told him that I don't di relationships and yet he still follows me around like a lost puppy asking if I want to be his girlfriend." Nayeon rants flipping her hair over her shoulder as she lies in her stomach stop her bed.

While she's talking about boys, my mind is wandering on about a few different things.

"I don't know what to tell him anymore. I don't want to be a bitch but I have to be or else he won't get the hint. I told him that I don't want to go out with hin and I even told him that I was hooking up with Kim Jongin but he didn't stop." Nayeon continues.

My fingers twitch towards my phone when I think about how my mom stil hasn't called to explain why Jisoo was in the hospital yesterday.

"I mean, really? You're that desperate for a girlfriend that you don't mind I've been hooking up with Jongin freaking Kim?" She drones.

My thoughts shift to the game tonight and I inwardly cringe at our probable loss. This morning at practice, Berna Kyung looked like as good as quarterback as my dead dog. She couldn't complete any passes, nor did she know how to throw the ball away during an impending sack.

"Hello, earth to Jennie." Nayeon says and I blink before glancing at her exasperated expression. "Were you listening to anything I was saying?"

Sheepishly, I try. "Kim Jongin?"

She rolls her eyes and then looks at me seriously. "What's on your mind, Jen? You've been zoned out all day."

I think about telling her of Jisoo's trip to the hospital yesterday or maybe about my own trip to the medic center with Lisa, but instead, an automated response leaves my lips.

"Just tired." I shrug, waving off her concern with yet another lie.

Nayeon eyes me suspiciously. "You are?"

I plaster a fake smile on my lips. "Positive." And then looking for any out of the conversation I can get. I check the time and see that I should leave for the game soon. "I've got to head to the stadium."

Jane believes my lies and smile brightly at me as I get off my bed. "M'kay! Tell the gays hi for me."

I give her a blank look. "No."

She pouts. "Why?"

"You know why." I point a finger at her accusingly. "You will not mess with my friends."

Nayeon grins devilishly and laughs then bids me goodbye as I leave my dorm. I shake my head at the crazy girl. Nayeon was beautiful and had the entire population of boy and girls falling at her feet and naturally, she loved it. Nayeon wasn't like normal girls. She didn't want a relationship or ang of that sappy shit. No, she just wanted a hookup.

She was more of a player than Lisa and that said a lot. She could get with any guy she wnated and have them wanting more. So I refused to let her make any advances on the girls on the football team. I was friends with Nayeon and I've seen the way she plays. I wouldn't let her do it to my friends on the team.

I head to the stadium earlier than usual because I didn't feel like spilling my feelings to Nayeon. So when I arrived, I was the first one there. I grabbed the medical bag and first aid kit from Irene's office before heading to the field, intent on sitting on the sidelines scrollung through social media until people arrived.

However, when I walked into the field. I saw I wasn't the only person here. There was a person doing sprints from the goal line to the twenty yard line and when I got closer, I saw who it was. Tentatively, I dropped the bags by the sideline and made my way yo Lisa, who had yet to notice my presence.