Chapter 8

I avoided Jeongyeon and Lisa  both for the rest of the weekend, which wasn't that hard, considering the size of our campus. However, when monday afternoon rolled around and it was time for practice. I was less than enthused by the idea of going. Not only did I not want to see Jeongyeon after what happened at the party, but I didn't want to see Lisa to tell her the she was right.

But I eventually had to put mu childishness aside and suck it up. I walked onto the field a few minutes late and kost of the girls were already in the locker room before I got there. I silently picked up the PT bag and first aid kit from Coach Yang and cowering away from the glare Irene gave me.

By the time I got onto the field, most of the girls were by the sidelines talking and laughing amongst themselves. When I walked over, most of the conversation halted and the girls gave me weird looks. The other seniors on the team, Jeongyeon's friends whom I was never really close with just smirk as I passed.

The girls I was close with.. Jean, Seulgi, Momo and them stared at me blantly. Their looks ranging from confused to guilty. I furrowed my brow at them, confused as to why everyone was suddenly paying attention to me. But then my gaze met Jeongyeon's from a few feet away and she was smirking at me with a knowing look in her eyes.

"Jennieyah." Wendy calls and pushes her way through the girls to stand in front of me, blocking me from everyone's view. "What the hell happened on Friday?"

I realized she was talking about what happened between Yeon and I, and I felt my stomach drop. I look around nervously and still see most of the girls with their eyes glued at me, murmuring amongst themselves. Jeongyeon and her friends laugh loudly from a few feet away, stealing glances at me from behind Wendy's tall frame.

"You're kidding me." I mutter under my breath and then look up at Wendy. "What is she telling people?"

Wendy frowns at me, lowering her voice as she says, "That you guys had sex at the party."

"What?" I exclaim loudly, not even bothering to keep my voice down. When I realize I've brought even more attention to myself, I hiss,

"She tried hooking up with me outside, but I stopped it. We just kissed!"

Guilt flashes through Wendy's eyes before she looked away from me and I halt my anger as I look at her. My brow furrows and I stare at her waiting for her to meet my gaze but she refuses. Clearly, Wendy knows something that she isn't telling me.

"Wends." I say slowly. "What is it?"

She finally looks down at me nervously mumbling, "I heard some of the seniors on the team make a bet about who could get you in bed first."

I narrow my eyes at her. "And you know about the bet at the party?"

Wendy's guilt was the only confirmation I needed. A sense of dead washes over me as I realize that the girls on the team, the ones that were supposed to be my friends had nade such a disgusting bet. The entire time, they watched Jeongyeon flirt with me, watched me stupidly fall for it and laughed about the whole thing.

"What the hell, Wends? Why didn't you tell me?" I snap at her, my voice deathly quiet so nobody could overhear our conversation.

She looks at me with big eyes full of regrets as she explains quickly. "I was going to, but then I saw your friend Nayeon was with you and I've wanted to talk to her for so long that I kinda forgot about it."

I cover my face with my hands, fighting back the urge to run up to Jeongyeon and tell her off in front of everybody. If Coach os Irene caught me causing a scene, yelling at a player no less I would surely be kicked off the trainer program for the football team and reassigned.