Chapter 11

"Hi Lizzie. Are you aware that your face is on that poster" you to the woman now smiling wide.

"Very aware. What do you think about it?" Lizzie asks, searching your eyes for any sign of reluctance.

"I think they should've made you bigger, maybe put you a little more down in front. I mean really, they put this tree guy right in the middle. You're definitely cuter than the tree" you say jokingly, pointing to the poster and laughing.

"No really Y/N, what do you think about it" she responds, looking deep into your eyes, now being rather serious.

"Well, I think you're the same person you were 5 minutes ago. The same person who ran into me at the farmers market, the same nosy little woman who got me to drink wine that doesn't come in a box, the same person who just had ice cream all over her face. Yeah that same face is on a movie poster and you have a really cool last name. But, what I care about is those little moments where you let me see the side of you that's not on that poster" you say, stepping closer and placing a hand on her cheek. She looks up at you,

"You really mean that? You're not scared?" She asks

"Scared of what? Maybe a little bit of the woman with the red stuff coming out of her hands, but not of you" you say, still holding her face and offering her a soft smile.

"No that's not what I mean. Nothing about me or my life is normal. I can't go or do certain things, everything I say is moderated and filtered through a team of people before I actually say it. Every move I make is watched and nit picked— even if that's just, I don't know, going to the grocery store. People know more about me than I know about myself. What if I drag you into it and it scares you off? There's so much you don't—" she rambles out before you cut her off.

"Hey hey, listen. First of all, normal is overrated and boring. Second, grocery shopping with you sounds fun, we should do that sometime" you say giving her a wink and rubbing your thumb over her cheek. "But no seriously, all those worries you have, they're valid and I understand why you would think I would be scared. But for some reason that I cannot for the life of me explain, I'm not. I feel quite the opposite really. So why don't we just keep being present and deal with whatever that means when it comes. Nothing has to change until it does. You're safe with me"

    Lizzie doesn't respond to what you said, she just continues to look into your eyes as you rub her cheek ever so gently with your thumb. After what seems like an eternity, she suddenly leans her head into your chest and wraps her arms around your waist. You return the gesture, resting your head on top of hers and wrapping your arms around her neck. You stand in the comfortable hug for a while before she mumbles something into your chest.

"I can't hear you green bean" you say releasing your hold on her and lifting her head up to meet your eyes.

"I said, you ran into me at the farmers market" she says offering a smile.

"Did not" you respond teasingly.

"Did too" she says as she gently punches your stomach, then turns to walk away.

"Where are you going?" You shout as she gets further away from you.

"I don't know but you're supposed to come with me" she says turning around, walking backwards now.

    The two of you walk around for a while, losing track of time as you are both lost in conversation. Lizzie tells you all about her career and you're taken back by how much she's done in her short time on earth. You tell her you're not very familiar with Marvel, her response being "that's going to change real soon" as if you were supposed to know what that meant. The sun is starting to set and you've somehow ended up back at her car. A feeling of sadness enters your chest. You don't want her to go, but you don't want to seem clingy by asking her to stay. You open her car door for her and she stands before it, facing you, reluctant to get in as if she feels the same way.