Chapter 22

"Which hat do you like better?" You ask, holding up two different options, trying to decide which one you want to wear to the airport tomorrow.

    After Lizzie was done packing, the two of you left her house and made your way back to your apartment. You started packing right when you got home because one, you hate packing and want to get it over with, and two, you're excited to see what comes of the deal Lizzie made you earlier.

    While you've been packing, Lizzie has been nose deep in her laptop that she brought with her. She says she's answering work emails, but she hasn't taken her eyes away from the screen since shes been on it. She's laying in your bed, her back propped up on the pillows, too distracted to answer your question.

"Hey.. hat. Which one?" You ask again, this time giving her foot that is under the covers a gentle nudge.

"Uh— that one" she says, pointing to the black baseball cap in your hand, only giving you a quick glance before returning to her laptop.

    You finally finish getting the things you need to take with you put together. You take the bag you just packed along with Lizzies bag and place them next to the front door of your apartment. You walk back towards your room, turning off lights as you go. When you reach your bed, you flop down next to Lizzie and stare at her in hopes that she'll take the hint to stop working now that you have.

"Why are you staring?" Lizzie says as she continues to type away, not taking her eyes away from the screen.

"How'd you know I was staring?" You respond.

"I can feel you" she says, still too distracted to pay you any attention.

"Well I'm bored" you say as you roll over to lay on your back to stare at the ceiling.

"Can't help you there— wait yes I can. Here, rub my legs. They're sore" Lizzie says as she kicks the blankets off of her legs and slightly repositions her body so you can reach better.

    You sit up and cross your legs underneath you, taking one of Lizzies legs and putting it in your lap. You gently massage the muscles in her thighs and work your way down to her knee then calf. The moment isn't particularly sexual, the two of you are performing different tasks, but still enjoying each other's company. You're simply coexisting and you love the feeling that brings.

"I'm excited for you to meet my mom" you say randomly, like your internal thought process became audible.

"What did she say when you told her I was coming?" She asks, yet to look away from her laptop.

"I didn't tell her" you say, still rubbing her legs.

"What?! You didn't tell her I was coming?" Lizzie asks, obvious surprise in her voice, finally taking her eyes away from the screen before her to shoot you a look. Her eyes are wide and her eyebrows furrowed.

"I didn't even tell her I was coming, I wanted it to be a surprise" you respond calmly.

"A surprise? Oh my god Y/N, what if she doesn't want me there? Or what if she doesn't like me? We're staying in her house but you haven't even told her we're coming? I was already nervous about meeting your parents, but now you're telling me that they don't even know we're going to meet? Do they even know I exist?" She rambles out, pulling her legs off of your lap so they cross underneath her, still staring deep into your eyes.

"My mom does, kind of" respond.

"Kind of?" She asks.

"I was supposed to call her a few days ago but I never did, so then I had to explain why. She assumed I was busy making new friends and meeting new people. I told her I met someone, but didn't really get into all of the details about who you are" you explain.