Chapter 25

"She made you come all the way back here just to sign the papers?" Your mom asks.

Lizzie, your mom, and yourself have been sitting on the porch waiting for your dad to get home from work. You've been spending the time catching your mom up on the things that have happened since you last talked. You told her how you're waiting for a call about a roll you auditioned for, your house selling, and Audreys ridiculous request, which she seems most interested in.

"Mhm" you respond.

"What a bitch" your mom says without batting an eye. You and Lizzie both break out in laughter at her choice of words. "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't say that but after everything she put you through I have my opinions."

"No no, it's fine— it was just surprising" you say, still through a laugh.

You hear Lizzies phone start to ring. When you look over to her, she gives you apologetic eyes before excusing herself to take the call. She's been on the phone a lot today, you start to wonder why. Sure, shes an extremely successful actress and that undoubtedly comes with the job, but today it's been way more than usual. When you're with her, shes usually never on her phone, unless she's using it to show you something. Maybe since she's out of town she needs to communicate via phone rather than in person meetings like she usually does. Yeah, that's probably it. Your mom takes the opportunity to scoot closer to you and start whispering like a little teenage girl.

"So?" She whispers.

"So what?" You say with a shy laugh.

"So, tell me about her" she says, still whispering.

"Well she's great. We met at a little farmers market, then again at a restaurant the same day. I didn't know who she was at first and she wouldn't tell me her name—" you start to say.

"What do you mean didn't know who she was? How are you supposed to know who a person is if you've never met them before?" She asks, genuinely confused.

"Lizzie's an actress. Like a crazy big name in Hollywood. She's in one of the biggest franchises in the world and her face is on posters and billboards everywhere. I kind of felt stupid for not connecting the dots sooner" you explain.

"So you're telling me, you've been in LA not even a full week and you've already brought home a famous person?" You mom says, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Yeah but not just any famous person, she's my famous person. I mean seriously mom, I don't know what it is about her but she's doing something to me. We've been together almost nonstop every day since we met and I haven't got tired of her once. She excites me but also scares the shit out of me and it just makes life worth living again" you ramble out.

You haven't seen your mom smile the way she is smiling right now in a very long time. Your and Audreys breakup was hard on her too. Seeing you in such a dark, dangerous place broke her heart just as much as yours was breaking. She felt helpless, her daughter was slipping away and she couldn't do anything to fix it. But now, hearing the way you're talking about Lizzie is giving her hope that those dark days are gone, and you're finally getting back to the place she knows you can be the happiest.

"Well hey, you listen to me. That feeling you have right now, hold on to it. Let it continue to grow. There aren't many people in this world that can make you as happy as she might. It may scare you, but don't let that stop you from receiving whatever it is that she's offering. I know what you went through was tough, but you can't use that as an excuse to push people away forever. I haven't seen this look in your eye for a very long time and I missed it. Whatever she's doing to you, I hope she keeps doing it" your mom says as she wraps her arm around you, pulling you into her chest.