Chapter 31

"Okay..... what about this?" Lizzie says, smoothing out her shirt and fiddling with the hem as she turns around to show you her outfit for approval.

    After your ice cream date, you and Lizzie had a quiet night at your parent's house, falling asleep early in each others' arms. Well, a mostly quiet night after your mom scolded you for the burn on your forehead. You told her it was a cut from a low hanging branch you ran into; but from the look she gave you and the side eye Lizzie was giving, she knew you were lying.

You told Lizzie today would be a busy day, knowing your dad will wake you up early to make the drive to the farm. He has been so excited about the day planned, he has been yapping Lizzies ear off about the horses and open land. Apparently, them California girls don't know real grass when they see it, in his words. You can't lie, you are excited to go back to the farm as well. You haven't seen it in years, refusing to return after your Papas death. Your dad has been tending to it for you, he's a better farmer than you'll ever be admittedly.

"Lizzie, baby, how much did that shirt cost?" You ask.

"I don't know, my sisters gave it to me. It's a part of their summer collection I think" she answers.

"Anything that's apart of a collection is too expensive to be worn on the farm" you tease gently.

"Y/N what am I supposed to wear? Ive changed like 3 times and even my worst shirt you are saying is too nice" she says slightly defeated.

"Here, I will find you something" you say as you make your way over to your closet full of all of your childhood clothes.

    As soon as you open the closet doors, you're met with all of your old soccer jerseys and t-shirts, trophies that wouldn't fit on your shelf, and a buttload of old worn-out cleats. You knew your mother's nostalgia would come in handy one of these days.

    You search through the endless t-shirts to find one that would fit Lizzie. Even your middle school shirts would swallow her whole. You finally find one you think will work and turn to give it to Lizzie.

"Does it have your name on it?" She asks. You turn the shirt around to the back to check, unsure for yourself even.

"No but I think this one is the only one that will fit you. It's from like 8th grade I think" you say, handing the shirt over to her; she doesn't take it.

"I want one with your name on it" Lizzie requests as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"But those are all going to be huge on you" you explain. Lizzie doesn't speak, only raises an eyebrow signaling you to go back and pick something else.

    You laugh to yourself as you turn and head back to the closet. As you replace the shirt in your hand and reach to find a new one, you can't help but to think about how much Lizzie enjoys wearing your name. It makes you feel secure and almost possessive. She is yours and she doesn't hide the fact that she isn't afraid to make that known.

    You finally find a shirt with your last name on the back and even though it is big, you hand it to Lizzie who has the biggest grin on her face.

"You like my last name huh?" You ask cheekily as you finish getting ready yourself.

"I do" she says as she slips the t-shirt over her head. You were right, its massive.

"And whys that?" you ask.

"Because its yours and I love anything that has to do with you" she responds as she walks closer to you.

    You wrap your arms around her whole body and lift her off the ground. She giggles uncontrollably as you start spinning in circles.