13: Thinking Back

Must not have been paying attention.
I stepped right on it didn't even notice how deep I was. I went from the ground to the top of the cloud. And now as I look down I see where I fell into your arms, Now I got love all over me. Baby you touchhhhhhh every part of meeeeeeeee.
      -Monica

Sitting on the airplane after a mishap, Geniese thought about the times she cried.

"I hate you!"

"I hate you so fucking much, don't touch me, Phonzo!"

She yelled as he tried to wipe her tears but she pushed him until he couldn't take it anymore and pushed her up against the wall in an immediate flash.

"You let him rape me. You weren't there to save me, you let me go, you let him rape me, Phonzo, how could you!"

He didn't do anything but hug her as the fresh tears fell back and forth from her eyes, running into a puddle from the pain she felt in her soul and the pain she felt from her body.

She thought about the times she had that made her cry tears of hate.

"What do you mean you beat him, Phonzo? I thought you were going down there for business?"

He tried to peck her lips but she didn't let him. Spooked to a point were she couldn't even blink because all she could think about was what he was relating to her at the moment. Telling her that he had flew down there and beat her rapist bloody.

"Phonzo why would you lie to me about going somewhere to see a friend when you were going to go hurt him? Why would you even do that?"

No response came from his mouth for a minute before he wiped his face before the tears could fall as he looked down at his girlfriends growing belly.

"He fucking raped you, and gave you a baby. The baby that I was suppose to give you and you asking me why I fucking did what I did," he paused grabbing her face, looking into her stone brown eyes.
"I did it cause' I love you, Gene."

More tears that had so much meaning to them-- hate, worry, love, and hate again.

"Has everything been going good so far?"

"Yeah," Nicki, her number one trusted worker said, "but your friend Chante' called and booked you for an appointment."

Geniese rolled her eyes.
"Okay, what time is she suppose to be coming in?"

"No later that one, and it's about twelve thirty now."

Geniese nodded her head and looked up at the door once it jingled to see Chante' coming in earlier than what was even expected.

"Hey, Chante', you can just sit in my booth and here I come."

Chante smiled and flipped her wavy hair over her shoulder with her big purse on her shoulder.

"Okay, I'll be waiting."

Chante then sat down and once her back was turned Geniese rolled her eyes and Nikki laughed.

Having no choice but to get her money we walked over to Chante that had brought her own color, which was a dark red and got started getting the acrylic ready and in no time she had started doing what she did best; nails.

* * *

"So are you and that boy still together?"

Instead of Geniese answering her question, she finished what she had to do so that she could start polishing her nails.