3: Scary

Okay, last chapter was a flashback. A flashback of their first date that's why she was acting shy and he was asking her questions about herself. The point of that was just to give you history.

"I don't deserve it. She's just a little too perfect. She's just a little too worth it."
-Drake

Charity's one tooth showed through the front as she smiled at me with the phone on her ear passing the phone on down to me.

"Hello?" I spoke pushing the phone on my ear as I stirred the last of the pasta in the pan.

"Hey babysis. How you been feeling?"

I smiled. I missed my brother. Staying in Atlanta and away from my family was hard but I was strong, I had been for this long.

"I'm doing great, baby. How you and how does it feel to be getting ready to be a daddy?"

He chuckled. "It's tiring, you know, and she ain't even here yet, but things are good down here. How is the nail shop?"

I smiled. "It's doing good actually. I'm making enough money to take care of baby and I-"

I pushed my hand on top of my mouth to hush Phonzo from talking as I heard him enter the room. He shook his head at me, but I didn't want my brother knowing that I had lied to him about Phonzo.

"-So, yeah, we're doing good."

"Alright then, are you going to visit for the baby shower?"

I sighed. "I don't know. It's a lot of stuff going on down here, and I don't think I could get off for next week."

"C'mon now, Geniese. You know we miss the hell out of you. I know you think we gone judge you but we ain't out for that shit. We bringing somebody new into this world,
and we would like you to be there. No petty shit, no mess, no drama, this ain't bout' you and mama."

I scrunched up my face. "I understand that, but-"

"But what though, Geniese. I ain't seen you since graduation nor has anybody else in the family. You gotta stop acting like the world stuck up your ass cause' it ain't."

He hung up in my face and I shook my head putting the phone on the counter. I couldn't understand why he was so mad about shit he didn't understand. That wasn't his place to calm me out about something like that. That's my business, not his, and for him to even come at me like I'm not his sister; is beneath me.

"What was that about?"
Phonzo questioned me.

I frowned. "My brothers girlfriend is pregnant and since I haven't been home in a while, he's just tripping, but he doesn't even understand."

He put his hands around my waist from behind me and sat me on his lap on the stool.

"Does he know?"

I frowned. "Nope, he doesn't and neither does anybody else in my family, but I don't even want to talk about it anymore; how was the tattoo shop?"

He sighed. "It went better than I thought it would. Leo said that'll always have a place at the shop."

I smiled happy that everything was falling back in place for him. I mean, come on, he had been gone for six months. Who's to say that even if Leo was his family that he would still have the job. It's hard to understand and take seriously but not everything is set in stone, not even his job that he happens to love.

My first tattoo that I ever revived was given to me by him. It hurt like shit but his talking eased my pain. He would flirt with me and mess with me about the faces I was making, but I still made it through because of him.