6: Spirit

I can feel it in the spirit. I believe it. I believe it. Look out world.
-Jekayln Carr

You know these hoes wishy washy
They'll fuck your partner
Take all of your guala, take your guala
You know these hoes wishy washy

I continued to spray down the woman's leg up until I looked over to make sure Jojo was watching to see that she was tapping away at her phone.

"Aye, you need to be paying attention," I spoke up over my loud music.

She looked up at me acting as if she didn't hear me as she rolled her eyes and turned down my system.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you over all the "hoes" I keep hearing?"

I was about to laugh but I took my job very seriously and in order for me to get this extra paycheck from Leo, I needed to get work done and make sure that she is paying attention.

"You need to pay attention and stop texting on your fucking phone."

She laughed it off but I could tell her ass was getting red. She stood up and I looked over her for a quick moment before letting my eyes move on. She had on a blue jean long sleeved shirt with low pockets, a pair of black leather tights that clung on to her thighs tightly, with a pair of brown Indian boots that had strings hanging from them.

"I'll pay attention better if we listen to something else cause' hearing these hoes wishy washy every five seconds isn't helping, baby."

I shrugged my shoulders disregarding the fact that she had called me baby. I Ignored her for a second just to make sure that my customer was doing good and to tell her to go to the front desk to talk to Daniel after she looked at her tattoo.

I turned back to Jojo.
"You can cut whatever you want on, but I don't want hear no romantic shit when my best customer come."

She rolled her eyes at me and replied what I figured she would as my phone rung.

"Whatever. Where is the plug to plug in my phone?"

I put my phone on my ear and told her to hold on in front of me with my finger as I answered.

"Wassup baby? You had a safe flight?"

I heard her sight and I could tell that she was probably nervous about going to the baby shower. I couldn't go so she left with my baby Charity on the flight this morning.

"Yeah. I'm in the cab now baby. I've never been so nervous in my life. You know I haven't seen my family in a long time and I just wish you were here with Charity and I."

I smiled. "You can d--"

"Can you tell me were the plug is please?"

Jojo questioned me and I looked up at her as she carried her hand on her hip.

"It's under the radio system," I turned back around about to continue telling Geniese that everything would be fine. "Baby you can d--"

"Who was that you were just talking too?"

Geniese questioned.

I smiled. I didn't have to worry about Geniese acting jealous because she wasn't like that. She knew I was about my business and that I didn't play about it. I'm sure she has the thought like every other insecure woman that a man can have temptation from a girl like Jojo, but I wasn't checking for her. I was checking for Geniese, only.

"You remember me telling you about the person I had to train?"

"Yeah, I remember now. that must be Jojo, I didn't think that she was a girl but I'm not trippin' about it either cause' I trust you. I know you know what you have at home."

I chuckled.
"That why I love you, Gene. How is my lil' baby doing over there?"

She laughed. I knew what that meant--she was either acting up or acting up. Charity was kmown for that and she had her acting up in good ways and sometimes in bad ways, but majority of the time she acted up in a nagging, good way.

"She's doing good. She's actually been talking about you. Hold on, here she goes--"

I heard breathing for a moment before I heard Charity's toothless grin over the phone. I could only imagine what she looked like.

"Hey my daddy!"

I chuckled.
"Hey my Charity. Do you like it over there?"

"Yes, mommy say we gone meet her brutha. My uncle. You know mommys brutha, daddy?"

I wanted to reply that I didn't know him but I could have if Charity would have been real from the jump but I understood why she hadn't at the moment, so I couldn't push her and I wouldn't. It wasn't for me to do but I knew after awhile everything was going to have to come to light with her.

"No I don't, baby, but you'll get to meet him. I heard he's real nice, Charity."

She laughed.
"Kay daddy. Love you, but mommy want to talk to you now."

I heard shuffling before Gene was back on the phone. I had been calling her Gene ever since I could remember in the beginning of our relationship. It had always been natural to me even though she seemed to hate it to a pulp.

"--Do you HEAR me talking to YOU Phonzo?"

I smiled because I had went out of it, but then I heard some grunting. I looked up to see Jojo pointing to the door and I knew that meant I was about to get another customer.

"Can I call you back baby because I have a customer that is coming in now?"

She sighed wanting to continue talking to him but gave up. She needed to hear his great words about how everything would be alright so she could smile and believe it, but somewhere in the back of her mind she kept telling herself that something wasn't gone go right. She could feel it.

Just wanted to give you background on Phonzo. Book is mainly about Geniese and Phonzo.

Question: What character, to you now, has the most intriguing attitude of the series?