1: Joy

"The pain that you are feeling cannot compare to the joy that is coming."
Romans 8:18

As soon as I saw him. I got those bubbles. Those same bubbles when we first met back in college.

"I told you I don't want to get this shit done," I yelled at Chante', who happened to be who I was rolling with tonight.

She was trying her best to get me to get a tattoo along with her but I didn't think I could do it. I was so scared of needles and I didn't even want to mark my body up anyways. But since she was so persistent in bringing me in front of Leo's Tattoo Shop, I had a couple of choices; but I knew I would end up getting it done.

"Your getting this done, Geniese. Why can't you just live a little, guh?"
I rolled my eyes at her ghetto ass.

"Because it's not something I won't and plus I'm scared to get that shit done to me!"

She smacked her lips.
"You getting this tattoo done, Geneise. You think I wasted my gas to bring you here for shit? Nope, so bring your ass on with me."

I started to tell her that I didn't ask her to "waste her gas" because I had my own car, she just asked me to go out with her and that she would pick me up. But I decided to not do it because it would be a never ending argument that I didn't want to go through, so I was just going to go with it.

We walked in and as soon as we did, we were greeted my a darkskinned chick with long light brown and dark brown dreads going down to her ass, with a tattoo going from her neck and down. Her left arm and right were free from any tatoos, but you could clearly see some on the left leg that was filled with tattoos.

She had on a white Tee shirt with "Leo's Tattoo Shop" on it in black with a red flower going across it. She had on a pair of tight shorts that stopped closer to her p*ssy, but still had a level to them with a pair of black and red tennishoes.

"Welcome to Leo's. What can I help y'll with?"
She asked making her tongue ring noticeable.

"Well, my friend is trying to get a tattoo!"
Chante' basically yelled when we were standing right in front of her.

"Alright, ma, calm down. But in what place?"

She asking turning from Chante' to me. I wanted to laugh at the check she had basically gave Chante', but I decided against it since Chante' was indeed my girl, and someone that I had met at college.

"Well, I guess I can get it on my h--"

"Excuse me, bitch?"
I closed my eyes and then opened them back up to see Chante' grilling this chick with all her might.

I knew she was going to get at the girl, I just wasn't sure if this was the girl Chante' wanted to "get" with.

"I'm a'excuse you from calling me a' bitch, but is there anything you need baby?"

Chante scrunched her nose up. I wanted to chuckle so had but I decided against it thinking to myself that I should stop it before it even got to a place of being an ultimate snack down.

"Bitch you ain't got to excuse me for shit, I'm a cu--"

I stood in between then immediately, but before I could even crack a word out of my mouth. I was standing face to face with a worker at the tattoo shop.

He had a nice face going for him with a line going on the front and from the looks of it he had a mixture of good and bad texture of hair. He had on TrapStar hoodie unlike the reveptiomist, with a pair of dark blue jeans, and blue and red Kevin Durant Tennishoes.

With his walk and the demeanor he carried, you could tell he wasn't afraid and that he was a chill and laid back individual, but I'm not even going to lie about the nervousness that swept through me at the moment.

Not only did nervousness sweep through me but I accidentally was so caught up in him that I got knocked on my ass by Chante.

I opened my eyes a bit and immediately groaned realizing what happened instantly and although it was an accident, I wanted to fuck her up so bad for knocking me out like this.

I eventually realized I was in a living room type area with soft red couches and a big black mirror across from me with a perfect rectangular shaped glass, and last but not least "Truffle Butter" was booming loudly; which was probably why I even woke up.

I got up while touching my forehead and went to the mirror to see the damage, but as soon as I did, I realized it wasn't really anything bad besides a little bump on my forehead.

"I see you alright, huh, shawty?"

I screamed. I melted. Screamed because he had definetly scared me popping up behind me and melted because the delight that I got from his biceps and triceps and from the many tattoos that glided down his arm.

"I'm sorry I ain't mean to scare you, shawty, uh, I'm Phonzo."

I jumped on him. No matter how much he had grown his beard. No matter if he hadn't took a decent bath in months. No matter if we had been through a lot. I jumped on him with tears filling my eyes.

"I m-missed you."

"I missed you too. baby and I promise I ain't going no were no time soon, Gene."

I didn't even care about him calling me Gene now because just hearing him say it, and seeing him right now couldn't couldn't stop the joy inside of me.