12: Airplanes

"And when your plans unravel in the sand.
What would you wish for if you had one chance?
So airplane, airplane, sorry I'm late.
I'm on my way so don't close that gate.
If I don't make that then I'll switch my flight
and I'll be right back at it by the end of the night."
-B.O.B.

GENEISE

"He won't answer baby. Your just going to have to wait till' we get down there to talk to him okay?"

I spoke kissing Charity's cheek.

"Okay mommy. Are we going to the airplane now to see daddy?"

I smiled. I was officially going home. After two months. Two long ones. I had cried myself to sleep sometimes, but I just happened to be feeling good this week and decided that it was time to go home. I needed my man. I had been through a lot but if I wanted to get through it I had to get through it with him and it was possible that I might not ever heal.

These people down here in Hawaii have gave me the ability to be free and gave me the confirmation that it was time to go home. I was a fool to even tell my man that I wanted us to be over in a way were I was basically saying move on, go find someone else when I didn't want him too. I wanted him to only want me and I know he does for many reasons.

That's why I'm leaving Hawaii and going back to my home, were I belong miles away.

PHONZO

"So what your telling me is that you were married that young?"

I had learned that her name was Jordyn and that she was twenty five years old and a English teacher in New Jersey. She had just came down to visit her father in her hometown because she did it every two weeks on the weekend to make sure that he was okay. He just happened to die this weekend.

"Yeah I was," she spoke. "I was naive when I was younger and he tricked me into marrying him once I turned nineteen. Soon as that happened he just started changing, he turned into a manipulator, and he mentally abused me. It was just horrible and a place I never want to see myself at again, you know."

Everything was silent for a moment as we sat in a booth at Applebee's just talking to eachother--getting to know eachother. I didn't see a problem with getting to a place were I could find a friend, even if she happened to be a woman.

"So what about you, have you been through any relationship crisis, or drama?"

I chuckled. "Drama, yeah, but that was me trying to protect the person I loved."

She scrunched up her face and sipped the margarita she had ordered from the bar.

"Trying? You must didn't succeed?"

I smiled. "Nah, I did, I actually ended up being sentenced to three years. I don't regret what I did, but I wish I would've went at it differently."

"I feel you on that, but you must have really loved her to fight for her and go to jail?"

"Yeah I do love her. She's going through something's right now so I'm giving her space and letting her do her."

After saying it I didn't realize it till' now that what we were doing right now with our relationship was a break if you thought about it. She didn't want to break up nor did I but that's basically what it was.

"Oh, love is something special. It's something that I've always wanted from somebody, you know? I know this is probably inappropriate to ask, but do you really love her?"

I didn't even have to think about it because I did and I felt comfortable telling this girl that I did and about my situation.

"Yeah I do. I could say it was because of my babygirl she gave me or because of who she is herself but I really do love her and that's why I'm giving her the space I am today."

She frowned and then smiled again.
"Well, I'm happy for you, but why don't you go were ever she is and get her back, I mean if you love her the way you say you do?"

"Because I'm trying to give her space."

"But if you want her, and it seems like you do, and she means so much to you then you wouldn't care if she needed space you would go wouldn't you," she paused and came closer to me: face to face. "You don't love her like you say you do, do you?"

I looked at this girl in front of me and licked my lips. Everything about her was a temptation for me. She had my heart beating and she had me in a place that I told myself I wouldn't be.

"Why you doing this to me, girl?"

She looked down at the table for a second, to my lips, licked hers then back into my eyes.

"Because I want to make sure that before I kiss you that you want turn your back on me, and that if you do love her like you say you do, to a point were you would leave me, I want mess with you right now, I'll leave you alone and walk away from this table like I never knew you in the first place."

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket but I ignored it letting it go off as it did and turned my attention back to the girl and she smiled.

"Your not over that girl, you love her, and I'm not coming in between that, no one should; please go were she is and go get her."

Instead of kissing me like I thought she would she wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hug, snuggling her mouth next to my ear.

"Sitting here talking to you, for only fifteen minutes, I've learned that your a good man. You remind me a lot of my father, but the only thing you shouldn't do is give up so easily on the woman that you love."

She kissed my ear before wiping it off and getting up. She was a beautiful girl but she wasn't meant for me and both us could see that.

Once I got home I had received maybe five missed calls from Gene, not as wrong any as I packed a bunch of clothes to get ready to leave. I made sure I had booked my ticket as I got in the car with my suitcase calling my mother before I would leave to board the plane.

"I really need to talk to her.
Can you guys wake her up?"

"No I'm sorry, we can't. It's past time for her to be waking up, but we can let her know whatever it is your calling about?"

I sighed.
"Just let her know that I'm doing what she said. Tell her that I'll be back some time next week to see her with Charity."

"Is that it sir?"

"And tell her that I love her."

Okay so he's leaving to go see his woman. How do you guys feel about that? About Jordyn who happens to be in the MM. The Epilogue is next and it will be good. 50 comments before I update with the epilogue. This is the last book and it is about to be finished. Omg. I've been working on all of the series for about a year and a half and the last book of the ATHL will be done. Comment your favorite words from a character of your favorite character.