A Real Party

"A real party. . ," Komaeda repeats slowly, shivering as the temperature outside drops some more, "Did you not think that was a real party we were just attending then?"

Hinata shrugs and smirks. "No, no, that was fine. But. . .this is thing we're about to attend is what we commoners call 'a bloody good time.'"

"Do you think I'll like it?" Komaeda asks.

"Hmm. . .I honestly don't know. I hope you do, though. It's super fun."

"Well," Komaeda folds his hands over his lap, "I cannot say 'no' to a 'bloody good time.'

Hinata grins back. "Good, because you didn't have a choice anyway," He pokes Komaeda's chest, "We had a deal. Okay, let's go then. This way!"

The brunet grabs his hand, making Komaeda's cheeks flush, pulling him forward. "Ah-Hajime, slow down!"

"I can't! I'm excited! Let's move faster, Nagito!"

-

The entire room is incredibly crowded.

A bunch of crowded tables are all around a wooden stage in the middle of the room below the deck where pairs of men and men, women and women, men and women are dancing. Some on the stage, some all-around; the lower class doesn't care about that sort of stuff.

A band is off to the side-well; band is a classy word. There is a group of people playing fiddles (including Sonia, to Nanami's surprise and delight!) and banging on bongos; it's amazing.

Komaeda's eyes sparkle, and he turns to Hinata excitedly, tugging on his sleeve. "Hajime, look at all of the people! Listen to the music! The peculiar dancing too! Oh, Hajime, the air reeks of alcohol! Oh, Hajime, look!"

Hinata smiles. "I'm glad you like it. Do you want to go over and see Sonia, Chiaki, and Kazuichi?"

Komaeda isn't even listening anymore, eyes wide with excitement.

Suddenly a small girl comes up to Hinata, tugging on his pants. "Hey!" She squeaks, "Will you dance with me, Mister?"

Komaeda and Hinata share a look, and the socialite smiles. "Go ahead. I'll be waiting."

The brunet extends a hand to the short girl, who accepts it excitedly. "M'lady." He says in a fancy accent, making her giggle.

He twirls her around before leading her out onto the dance floor. He gently lifts her by the waist and sets her down on his own feet, using one of his hands to hold hers. Hinata begins to dance the two around awkwardly among the other couples.

The two of them look utterly ridiculous, but they look like they're having a blast, so it doesn't really matter.

Komaeda smiles as he watches them, clapping along to the music. Someone taps his shoulder, making him startle. He turns his head to see Soda suddenly standing next to him.

"So whaddya think, First-Class boy?" He asks.

"This. . .is incredible! I've truly never seen anything like this. I've never been to a party even remotely close to this, even when I was a child! The younger me really would have loved this."

"What about the present you?"

"I'm in awe. I love this so much. I'm so glad I've got to come to this."

Soda grins. "Awesome. So do you think you're going to dance?"

Komaeda shakes his head. "Oh, no. No, no, no. There's no way I could actually dance like that."