We're Goin Down, Down

(A whole chapter of Soniaki)

   "Where are we going, Sonia? Is the ship really going down?" Nanami asks in a daze as the blonde drags her through the crowd, maneuvering through confused and slightly-panicked people. No one really knows what's going on here, especially not Nanami Chiaki.

   Everything is happening too fast at once, and Nanami feels like her head is spinning. She was just supposed to be taking a power nap in Komaeda's arms while they wait to go back to their rooms, and suddenly everyone's lives are in danger? It's hard to wrap her head around and her mind is going a mile a minute.

   "Yes, it is, but do not speak so loud; not everyone knows yet! Now, as first-class women, we have a better chance of getting off-"

   "But you're not-"

   "Yes, I am going to borrow one of your dresses, okay? Thank you!"

   "Of course, anything to keep you alive."

   The blonde tugs her down the hall, back in the direction of Nanami's room, slamming the door shut behind them.

   Nanami quickly combs through the dresses hanging in her closet while Sonia runs a brush through her hair. Nanami selects a lime green dress and throws it at Sonia, who easily catches it.

   She changes quickly as Nanami pulls her hair up into a messy updo and throws a necklace around her neck.

   Sonia turns to look at her. "How do I look?"

   Nanami smiles breathlessly. "Like a perfect first-class girl," She holds her hand out, "Come on, we need to get on a boat as soon as possible."

   "But Hajime and Nagito, and wherever the hell Kazuichi ran off to-"

   The socialite looks the blonde in the eye. "Listen. Hajime is strong. It is evident to anyone who looks at him. Mr. Soda too. And my Nagito. . .he has survived things awful like this scenario in his past. He hasn't always had the best luck in life, you see. . .He's a survivor. He will keep your friend safe. And they will find Mr. Soda." She says seriously.

   Sonia is silent for a moment, staring back.

   Finally, she sighs, accepting her partner's hand. "V-Very well. I-I suppose I will have to trust you on this. So where do we go?"

   Nanami nods. "We seek out a boat. But we've got to go now."

   They race out of the room but only get about halfway down the hall before Nanami tries to turn around.

   "What are you doing?"

   "I forgot to lock the door!"

   Sonia laughs, and the socialite glares at her.

   "What are you laughing at?"

   "At you locking the water out."

   Nanami rolls her eyes at her, allowing herself to continue getting strung down the hall.

   "I heard there is a boat on the starboard that is going to be boarding soon. We've got to get to it so that we make sure we get on it."

   "How do you know about that?"

   "Please don't question it."

   Nanami sneezes. "We don't need to rush so much; I'm sure there will be other boats we can manage to get on."

   Sonia glares at her over her shoulder. "Do you really want to take that risk?"

   "I-I suppose not."