Floating Door

"Hajime!" 

   The brunet whips around to see Komaeda frantically paddling towards him. Hinata lets out a massive sigh of relief as the boy in front of him gasps from exhaustion. Growing up in the household he did, Komaeda really did not need to exert himself. It's a miracle he's keeping himself afloat okay.

   "Oh, thank God you're okay!"

   Komaeda frowns. "So sorry that we got separated. But right now, we need to swim, Hajime!"

   Hinata gasps, breathing rapidly as he struggles to stay afloat. "Right!"

   Komaeda turns and begins gliding through the water, maneuvering in and around the screaming people, treating the entire situation as an 'every man for himself.' Someone tries to grab Hinata and use him as a floatie, but he quickly fights them off.

   "Hinata, look!"

   Up ahead, a little ways away from everyone, is a floating door that everyone's seemed to neglect. A glimmer of hope blossoms in his chest as they both eagerly swim towards it.

   Komaeda grabs onto it and holds it still, motioning for Hinata to get on.

   He places his palms on it and pulls himself out of the freezing-cold water and rolling on top of it. Komaeda smiles slightly as he stays in the water next to him.

   Hinata frowns. ". . .What are you doing?"

   "There's no room for me on that."

   "Like hell!"

   The brunet grabs a fistful of the other's hair and tugs hard.

   "Fine, fine, fine, stop it!" Komaeda wails.

   Hinata scooches over to make room for the socialite clambering out of the water. Komaeda rolls onto his side, cuddling into Hinata, who wraps his arms around him. 

   "I'm so cold," Komaeda mutters.

   "Naur, really?"

   Komaeda glares at him.

-

   Hinata can see literal frost on Komaeda's hair and eyelashes. His skin looks paler than usual, and he's barely moving.

   Of course, Hajime doesn't know how bad he looks as well. . .But there's no way of checking that at the moment.

   Many others who've been stranded in the water have fallen silent, most likely already having passed away.

   "Keep your eyes open, Nagito. . ." He mumbles, nudging his partner. 

   Komaeda groans, looking up at him blearily. "I'm so tired, Hajime. . .it would be so much easier just to give in. . ."

   "No! Nagito, if you fall asleep, you will die!"

   Komaeda groans. "But I'm so cold, and the embrace of death is so warm."

   "Nagito."

   "Fine. . .I'll try my best."

   Hinata forces his stiff, frozen limbs to move, pulling Komaeda closer. He presses his blue-tinged lips to the other's chilly forehead and sighs.

   "This was supposed to be an unsinkable ship. . .They promised us an unsinkable ship. . .I don't know about you, but I'm going to sue." He mutters.

   Komaeda makes a soft noise to show that he's listening.

   "And do you-hey, stay with me! And do you know what I'm going to do with the money? I'm going to do with the money after I win my suit?"