Chapter Three

Hailey's POV: 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Jake?!? He had said all this. I felt heartbroken, upset, betrayed.

"What? No way Jake would have said this!" Sean cried.

"Oh he did alright. I heard him. He said he was gonna leave after the competition. And that he did it only for Daisy!" Zander replied.

"What! Jake would never say that! After all we've been through!" Milly exclaimed.

"Do you think I'm lying?" Zander questioned. "Well here, proof!" He showed us a video recording of Jake actually saying it.

"No, no!" I said in shock. I was balling up in a corner, about to start crying. I had loved him. How could I have? He obviously likes Daisy. And to think, I, Hailey Austin, had a chance with him?! He betrayed us, and I showed him my very private spot! I told he could always find me there. As I was crying and balling up, everyone gathered around me and comforted me.

"Don't cry over the simp. The Music Club will be better off without him!" Zander said. I looked up as I saw Luke, Sean, Milly, and Zander's concerned faces. I balled up again. I didn't want to talk to anyone but Jake. I wanted to slap him! So hard!

"We'll be better off without who?" I heard a voice say. My tear-stroked eyes look up to see Jake, standing in the hallways. Argh, that backstabber!

Jake's POV:

Hailey was crying. I got worried and started walking towards her, but she got up, wiped away her tears, and marched to me. Her face looking down on the floor, and her hair a mess. She looked up at me with a angry look.

"How could you!" She cried, lips trembling.

"How could I what?" I asked. I was confused. I decided to make her cheer up, so I included a joke. "Oh. Is it because I was late again? I mean, only a minute! Cmon! No need to be so ser-"

"I SAID HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US! AFTER THE COMPETITION! FOR DAISY! TRUST ME! WE KNOW EVERYTHING!" I looked into her angry expression as tears started to flow down her cheek. She clenched her fists as she trembled, crying.

"I-I. How do you know I'm g-gonna leave?" I whispered. 

"BECAUSE ZANDER SHOWED US! HE SHOWED US EVERYTHING!"

"B-but Hailey, I didn't mean to hurt you, I just-" I felt her hand touch my cheek. Not in a good way though. She made a sharp slap on the cheek. I put my palm on my cheek. 

"Hey! What was that for!" I cried.

"FOR EVERYTHING!" She yelled. "I never should have let you in!"

"Look Hailey, I'm sorry!"

"Save it."

"But please I-"

"Get out!"

"H-Hailey?"

"Didn't you hear me?! I SAID GET OUT!" I reluctantly agreed and walked out of the door. As I was about to leave, I turned my head to see a angry , but broken Hailey. And the rest of the club? Well, they had their hands crossed and looked mad as well. I opened the door and walked out.

Hailey's POV: 

School finally ended and as I was grabbing my bag from my locker, I wondered. I wondered who was going to be the lead singer now. Jake betrayed me! To think I fell in love with him. As I was walking, I looked down at my phone. Zander texted he and Luke were getting smoothies with the club. I furiously texted back:

'Why wasn't I invited?!'

'Uh well, we thought you would want some time to recover from, ya know, today?'

'Wdym? I'm perfectly ok 🥺'

'Well, we are already here, bye!'

'Bye.'

As I was texting Zander, I opened the door. I guess I had to walk home. I was walking down the busy streets of the town when I heard a voice. I stood there, frozen as I saw a car, zooming down the road, towards me!

"Watch out Hailey!" someone cried. I felt someone's hands touching mine as they pushed me away to the side walk. I fell down (on the side) and blacked out.

Announcement:

Thanks for reading everyone! this was a little hyper for chapter 3! Hope you all enjoyed. Tell me in the comments who you think saved Hailey. if you like this book, please follow. I would be very grateful! Thanks a bunches! Also, first person to comment will get a shoutout and a follow! Bye friends!