Chapter Five

K if y'all aren't prepared for this  chapter, well um. I would grab some tissues cause there is gonna be ANGST! ANGSTYY!!! Also I know this much drama is unnecessary for chapter five, but I've got big plans ;) (I plan on going to Harvard with this story so ya)

"Goodness Gracious, I would rather be stuck with anyone but you!" They both cried.

"Ughhhhh. I agreed to come here cause I thought it would be me and the cute music freak." Drew groaned.

"Woah! Stay away from my sister! You've got Zoey!" Zander exclaimed. He punched Drew in the face and he fell back. Dang! I never knew  Zander was so freaking strong.

"Hey! What was that for!" He cried

"Just a reminder that she is taken."

"By who? And it's not like I'm interested in her anyways!"

"She's taken by a better person than you!" Drew and his crew walked out of the hospital, and so did Zander and Luke. 

"Aw! I've got homework to do!" Milly groaned. Her voice toned into a softer one. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow Jake.." she left some flowers by his bedside and left. 

"Bye Jake! We've gotta go too!" Daisy said. She kissed him on the cheek and left with Sean. Now it was just me and Jake. I waited there for hours, hoping the injury wouldn't be so serious, and that he would recover soon. I stayed there till 11 in the night. The kind doctor came in and gave me some hummas and vita bread. As I was gobbling up the bread, I wondered how hungry Jake must have been. I broke a piece of bread and dipped it in the hummus. I opened his mouth carefully and put some of the hummus in. I grabbed my water bottle and poured some in there. 

"Let's hope this helps." I thought. I stared at the scratches at his face. Those were the scratches I had gave him. I felt so bad. He didn't deserve to be in that position! I did! I didn't deserve to do the band competition! I deserved nothing. 

I broke out into tears. I cried and cried all night long.

"Jake! Please! Wake up!" I sobbed, "you can't leave me like this!" I got a text from mom saying she was worried, and told me to come home. Zander had told them about everything. 

"No thanks mom. I'll stay in the hospital tonight. I'm too concerned. I mean, it's the least I could do 😕"

Okay sweetie, but come home as soon as you can tomorrow morning, k?

"K mom! Goodnight 😴 "

Goodnight Hailey!  😴😘🌙  

I took of my jacket and tied it around my waist. I walked up to the windows and closed the curtains. I stretched my whole body across the three chairs sitting in Jake's hospital room. I took my jacket and put it on me like it was a blanket. 

"Goodnight Jake." I said softly. 

The next day, the doctors said that Jake had a minor head damage and a sprained wrist. He was going to be okay! I squealed with joy, but the next words broke me.

"We don't know why he isn't waking up." The kind doctor said. Oh no! He wasn't dead, was he? I rushed to his hospital room. I heard the heart  monitor beeping, steadily. Phew, he was still alive. I checked my phone for the best news of my life. The band competition had been extended till next-to-next week! I was overjoyed! By that time, Jake could recover, and we could preform! The doctors told me he would recover fast, but I still had my doubts. 

As hours sped by like seconds, I was scrolling though tiktok. The dull summer sunlight shined into the room and made it hot. I was wearing a tank top and shorts. Suddenly, I heard his heart monitor start beating rapidly. I scrambled over as I clasped his hands to my chest. "Was this it? Was he going to wake up?"

"H-Hailey?" He muttered. My eyes swelled up with tears as I smiled and said, 

"Yes! It's me! Hailey!" 

"T-thank you."

"For what? I didnt do anything except almost kill you" 

He chuckled, then coughed up. 

"For being right by my side this whole time." I blushed and said,

"Oh Jake!" I lay my head on his chest as I start to cry

"D-don't cry Hailey!" He said warmly as we slowly managed to sit up. I pulled him into a big hug. When I backed away, I noticed his shirt was soaked. 

"I-I'm sorry... I was just worried to death!"

"How long have I been o-out?"

"2 weeks!"

He paused. He looked me straight in the eye. "Gee, I was out for quite a while.."

"Yes! You were! H-how could you leave me like that?!" I cried. I felt Jake tucking a flock of hair behind my ear. He pulled my chin closer. I blushed really hard that night. 

I dropped my phone as I stood there, frozen. I closed my eyes shut.

Jake Sterling was KISSING me!