Chapter 16- paper, paper, PAPER!!

⚠️Cringe Warning At the End! ⚠️ 

I felt my palms go sweaty as the head judge walked up onto the stage, followed by three others. They were all holding trophies and medals. I started fidgeting with my hands as I dropped the paper. Oh right! 

I abruptly scanned the ground. I knew it was important. I could feel it. I found it, all crumpled up on the ground. I grabbed it and stood back up. By that time, all of the club had their eyes on me. My hair was a mess.

"Oh, hehe" I giggled. I slowly unfolded the paper. It was a letter! I started reading,

Dear Hailey

This year has been such a -

"Hello Rosemeadow high school students. I am Amanda Jones, the head judge for today's competition."

"I heard she is one of the biggest music producers in all of UK!" Sean whispered.

"All of you did, well I guess. It was an easy decision to see which team deserved first place. Which team worked the hardest." She said.

I felt a lump in my throat. With all our detours, we weren't gonna win. 

"In third place, we have......... Rose Star High. Come up and take your medal." The band was cheering and jumping up and down. One of them even hugged Amanda. 

"Omg thank you SOOO much!! This means  a lot to meee! I mean us-" he squealed

"Ugh get off me." She muttered as she pushed him away with a fake smile.

"In second place, we have....... The Smartsville Academy." They walked onto stage in a straight line. The leader, Sasha was wearing a plaid blue skirt and a white shirt. Her brown hair was in pig tails with bows. She elegantly took the trophy, bowed and walked away like a robot.

I glanced at the other members and they looked just as nervous as I was. We missed second place. My hopes weren't too high, but that only means...

"And in first place." Amanda said with a grin spreading across her face, "the talented, amazing, hardworking..."

I clutched Jakes hand into mine as I prayed and prayed. 

"RoseMeadow High!!"

 I looked at the others.

I looked at Jake. 

We jumped up and down screaming. 

"Go Hailey! Get the trophy! Zander cried. I nodded. I walked up onto the stage, trying not to run. I took the trophy. 

Amanda told me I had to give a speech. I wasn't prepared for  this. But, I took a deep breath and spoke.

"Hello everyone,

Thanks for being here. I am so honored to have first place. You all did amazing. I guess we persevered through the hard times we struggled through." I said as I glanced at Jake. "And some were there to support me when I was feeling low, and others simply there to help us laugh and smile. We worked hard, and I think we did good! 

Thank you." 

I heard the crowd cheer louder than I have heard any crowd ever cheer. I smiled as I shedded a few tears. I glanced over at the clock. 

"7:46?!" I cried. Prom started 46 minutes ago! 

"Guys cmon, let's go to Prom now!" I called. We took a cab as we headed on over to school. Everyone got a chance to hold the trophy and we decided we were  gonna keep it in the music room. 

Once we had arrived, I took Jakes hand and we started to dance. I was was having so much fun! 

"Hey imma go get some punch, brb." Jake said and scurried away, dropping a piece of PAPER!!

This was ALWAYS slipping my mind. I took it out and finally read it, with no distractions.

Dear Hailey,

This year has been such a blast with you! I really enjoyed the smoothies! I'm so sorry for breaking your heart multiple times, you really didn't deserve it. Your a really nice girl, you know..

You see, I was in LOVE with Daisy. So blindly in love. I couldn't see she liked someone else. When I saw her kissing Sean at the same Olive Garden restaurant we had our first date and breakup on, I didn't really feel anything. Well, maybe. I felt kinda excited. But for what?

I felt excited to have another chance. 

To be with you. 

Yes Hailey, I'm just gonna tell you. Head to head. Singer to Singer.

Love

You

❤️, 

Jake Sterling 

I looked up and I saw Jake standing there, with a glass of punch. He was blushing really hard. I took his hand I ran somewhere quiet. 

Now it was just us, under the cold moonlight. We were walking on the grass together, in silence.

"Hailey, I-" Jake stuttered, but I stopped him. 

"I-I like you too.." I said. 

"Really?" He asked.

Instead of replying, I pulled him closer to me.

"Of course.. Now just shut up and  kiss me already!"

And then we kissed.

It was magical.

Under the moonlight. 

Just us. 

Announcement: This is the end yall! Technically... one more chapter left, but that's like the after math. I hope y'all have enjoyed reading this!! It was been a pleasure writing for you! Also TYSM ON 1K READS AHHHHHH!!! Cya guys later. And happy holidays! 💚❤️💚❤️🎤