Chapter Eight- The Mall

"I-um Jake? Are you sure? I mean- don't you wanna be with those pretty girls, up in in their pretty worlds. I don't think I'll look good with you anyways, you should find someone else! I'm not as perfect as you think I am and-" I was shaking with fear and embarrassment. Like, Jake had asked ME, Hailey Austin, to PROM!! 

"Hailey. Listen to me.." he grabbed my chin gently and pulled it up towards his face. "Look me in the eye when I say this." I gulped and looked at him right in the eye. I was so nervous. What was he gonna say?!

"You are perfect, just they way you are. I don't want anyone else but you to be my prom date. I'll give you time to think about it, but I would love to hear back from you.." I slowly nodded. I pulled away from him, turning the other way.

"We're supposed to meet up with the band at Starbucks today at four. We should get going." I muttered.

As we all were sitting down in the Starbucks cafe after school, I took a sip from my ice brewed coffee. The end of the school year was just around the corner and we wanted to spend as much time as we possibly could  before Sean left for college. 

"So, anyone up for the outfit shopping today?" Jake asked.

"Nah, I can't. I've got a MATH  test to study for. Besides, I have my clothes at home already." Milly groaned.

"Sorry Jake. Me and Zander gotta do some home work for history." Luke said.

"Well, I can come!" Sean exclaimed.

"Same.." I muttered 

"Oh! That's great! So, y'all wanna go right now instead?"

"Um.. sure.." I replied to Jake. He took my hand and we started to walk off to the first shop. We didn't find anything for me, but Jake, well he found this really cute outfit. Cost like 100 dollars or something. Jake happily bought it and we skipped off to the next store, and the next, and the next. After a lot of searching, Sean backed out. I glanced at Jake, and he glanced at me. We didn't know what to do.

We were approaching a store called "Dress Fashion" I knew this was going to be the store I get my dress in! We walked in and I saw the most GORGEOUS dresses! 

"Jake! Can I get two?! One for prom, and the other for the competition?" I pleaded.

"Uh yea of course!" He said. 

I took off looking at the most beautiful dresses. I saw this really cute black dress with cold shoulders. I took that off the rack and kept looking. I saw this pretty blue dress that went all the way down to my knees. I also bought some matching heels.

"Kay Jake! Imma go and try this on!" I exclaimed.

"Okay!"

I walked out of the fitting room wearing the black dress. 

"So. How do I look?"

"Y-you look g-great!" He said, flustered.