Chapter 11

Do they even know how to take care of Babies? Who knew kids could be a real menace.

~0o0~

"Kid, where are your parents? Surviving in this kind of situation...is a lot harder than it looks like." Kakucho said.

"I'm a lot capable than you think I am. After all, I'm raised by good people." Hoshi answers as he walked behind the group, eyeing them close.

"You didn't exactly answer the question..." Chifuyu muttered.

"Uhh... to put it shortly, we kind of fleed from our camp..." He trailed off.

"You fleed from where it's safe? With kids both with you??" Mitsuya exclaims.

"Our place was starting to suffocate us both, with the population starting to increase and all. We just wanted to check outside the borders of our refuge but as we stray further we realized these two menaces sneaked into our bags." Tetsuya explains.

"How can even two toddlers snea--you know what, I'm not even going to say it. Doesn't it worry your parents?" Draken asked.

"Tetsuya's parents are dead, same with mine." Hoshiko flatly said.

"Oh. Uhm... we're sorry to hear that." 

"It's fine! besides, they've been gone since this all started."

"I guess, someone's taking care of both of you?" Kakucho pondered, as he walked by Hoshi.

"Yeah, the three of them both saved us before but, they've been busy since managing a growing group could be hard. My mama tends to venture out of the borders of the camp, that's where we got the idea of fleeing." Hoshi explains.

"Can we please remove this stupid rope from our hands? It doesn't feel safe, prancing around the street without holding a weapon properly." Sanzu whined.

"How can we know that all of you won't do anything stupid?" Tetsuya glared.

"I thought we were having a moment here," Rindou said.

"We're eight years old. We ain't stupid." Hoshi retorted. Him, being considered as a small child still, makes him look like he's pouting instead of the furious face he was putting into. 

"For a kid, you sure both act mature," Baji commented.

"Of course. Now, don't do anything stupid after I cut off the rope." Tetsuya said as he pulled out a knife to cut every strand.

"Thank you. Are we near the station by now?" Taiju asked as he rubs his wrist.

"Kind of," Tetsuya replies, putting back the knife in place.

"What do you mean?" 

"What he meant was the herd that is heading here." Hoshi intervened.

"We didn't see any herd when we drove here," Draken spoke out.

"Then you must be blind. You can see it as clear as day, they were by the bay a while ago. By now, they would've neared the station."  Tetsuya informed.

"What?! Then we should get going!" Taiju frantically said.

"Calm down, they move slow. So they'll reach the station by sunrise." Hoshi reasoned.

"Speak of the devil..." Hakkai breathed out.

The herd started passing by their way, slowly. The group hid within the dark forest surrounding them, hoping they would go unseen as it was dim enough for them to camouflage.